Chicken Ceaser SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 2 heads of baby gem or cos lettuce
- 100gm crisp pancetta or bacon
- 1 cup of sour dough bread cut into cubes tossed in olive oil and toasted in a hot oven until golden and runchy
- 250gm roasted chicken
- 50gm parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra for croutons
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 eggs coddled (place into boiling water for 3 minute then into cold water)
- 4 fillets of anchovies
- 1lg tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of picked flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- To make the dressing, coddle the eggs by placing them into boiling water for 3 minutes then into cold water to chill.
- Crack the eggs and scoop out the yolk and white into a bowl
- Chop the garlic and anchovy fillets and add to the eggs along with a large tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk in a cup of olive oil. This will create an emulsion with chunks of egg white in it. Adjust the seasoning with salt and cracked black pepper. Chop the parsley and add half to the dressing
- Make the croutons, toss the cubes of bread in olive oil and season with salt and pepper placed on a tray and toast in a hot oven until golden and crunchy. Allow them to cool before using.
- Roughly cut the lettuce or break the leaves into a large serving plate. Generously dress the lettuce leaves with some dressing and lift it through the leaves then add the remaining dressing, scatter with the chicken, croutons and pancetta.
- Add the remaining parsley and shave the parmesan over the top.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...