Knicker Blocker GloryBen O'Donoghue
- 300ml whipping cream
- 100g dark chocolate
- 250g strawberries
- 50g icing sugar
- 200g bought brownies
- 2 Snickers bars
- ½ cup toasted sliced or flaked coconut
- Chocolate or salted caramel ice cream (good quality)
- Firstly, make your sauces. Pour 100 ml of the cream into a small saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Add the chocolate, whisk until smooth and set aside.
- For the strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries and icing sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Whip the remaining cream.
- Divide all the crumbled brownies among four chilled glasses. Place one scoop of ice cream in each glass.
- Top with half the chocolate sauce and half the strawberry sauce. Add some peanut brittle and whipped cream. Repeat in the same order, finishing with the whipped cream. Garnish with the coconut and mint. Serve straight away
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...