Toasted Marshmellow PavlovaAnna Polyviou
- 180g or 6 egg whites
- 180g caster sugar
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1tsp Vanilla paste
- 400ml Cream
- 50g sifted icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla paste
- 1 punnet Blackberries
- 1 punnet Raspberries
- 1 punnet Strawberries
- Few sprigs basil
- Pre-heat oven to 170c, line a 30cm baking tray with baking paper
- In a clean bowl of an electric machine, semi whisk the egg whites
- Add in all the sugar and vanilla paste, continue whisking for a further 2-3minutes once all combined add in cornflour mix just till combined
- Spread the meringue evenly over the baking tray
- Bake for 18-20minutes, once golden make sure not to open the door during baking
- Sprinkle sugar on the meringue, place a baking paper and flip the meringue sheet allow to cool down
- Whisk together the cream, icing sugar and vanilla semi whisked. Spread half the cream onto the meringue sheet with a spatula. Then scatter the berries on top about ¾ of a punnet making sure to reserve the rest for the top of the pavlova
- Gently roll the meringue, starting from one edge to form a tight roll
- With the rest of the cream pipe using a plain nozzle than scatter berries on top with the basil
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...