Almond + Turmeric Milk Glucerna Vanilla
SERVES: 2 I PREP: 15 min COOK: 5 min I TOTAL: 2O min
Gluten free I vegetarian friendly I low sodium
- 20 raw almonds
- 2 cups low fat milk
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1 scoop Glucerna vanilla powder
- Soak almonds in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain water and peel off the skins.
- Grind the almonds into fine powder and add a couple of tbsp of milk to form a paste.
- Pour the milk in a saucepan on medium heat and simmer till warm.
- Add the almond mixture, turmeric, cardamom and saffron. Whisk continuously for 4 to 5 minutes.
- When the milk is reduced to half add Glucerna powder and combine thoroughly.
Serve warm immediately and garnish with mint or nuts of your choice.
- Energy: 1876kJ
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 37.1g
- Total fat: 20g
- Sat fat: 5g
- Sugars: 33g
- Dietary fibre: 3g
- Sodium: 244mg