Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins.
Vegetarian, low lactose, gluten free, nut free.
- 2 scoops vanilla Glucerna powder
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ long chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 150g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- Pinch of Chinese 5 spice
- 2 bok choy leaves, finely sliced
- ½ tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Add half the oil to a frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Add the spring onions, chilli, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, bok choy and Chinese 5 spice to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and tender. Transfer mixture to a plate.
- Whisk vanilla Glucerna powder in 2 tablespoons of water and combine with lightly beaten eggs.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and pour in egg mixture. Swirl to cover the base evenly. Cook for 30 seconds or until base is set. Return mushroom mixture to one half of the pan. Fold omelette in half and cook for 30 seconds. Flip omelette and cook for a further 30 seconds or until lightly golden.
Serve on brown rice and top with soy sauce and pea sprouts. Garnish with sesame seeds.