Serves 8 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 40 mins.
Vegetarian, nut free.
- 600g white potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 50g butter
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Glucerna powder
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in a pot of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add butter and garlic to a medium pot over medium heat. Stir continuously until the butter has completely melted. Add flour and stir for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and stock until well combined and stir until the sauce comes to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir through Glucerna powder, seasoning, spring onions, sour cream and half the cheese.
- Add the potatoes to a baking dish and cover with cheesy mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes