Fasoulakia - Green BeansKathy Tsaples
- 1.5 kg green beans
- 3 zucchinis
- 3 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of Massel stock
- 1 cup of parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- Slice the tops off the green beans and string them if necessary. Rinse and drain, keeping them in your colander for now.
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pot and sauté the onions until they are softened and almost sticky (but not burnt).
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, two to three grinds of fresh pepper and a good amount of salt and paprika. Simmer uncovered over medium heat for around 10 minutes until the tomatoes soften and collapse.
- Add the chilli, potatoes and carrots, then add the stock and put the lid on the saucepan.
- When it comes to a boil, stir through the beans and then put the lid back on. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the beans are soft and the liquid has reduced.
- Add the zucchini and continue to simmer. It’s a good idea to stir the beans every so often. At the end of this time there should be a good amount of thickish sauce.
- Turn off the heat and leave the casserole covered for a while, allowing it to absorb the flavours.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...