Fasoulakia - Green BeansKathy Tsaples
- 1.5 kg green beans
- 3 zucchinis
- 3 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of Massel stock
- 1 cup of parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- Slice the tops off the green beans and string them if necessary. Rinse and drain, keeping them in your colander for now.
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pot and sauté the onions until they are softened and almost sticky (but not burnt).
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, two to three grinds of fresh pepper and a good amount of salt and paprika. Simmer uncovered over medium heat for around 10 minutes until the tomatoes soften and collapse.
- Add the chilli, potatoes and carrots, then add the stock and put the lid on the saucepan.
- When it comes to a boil, stir through the beans and then put the lid back on. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the beans are soft and the liquid has reduced.
- Add the zucchini and continue to simmer. It’s a good idea to stir the beans every so often. At the end of this time there should be a good amount of thickish sauce.
- Turn off the heat and leave the casserole covered for a while, allowing it to absorb the flavours.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...