Fasoulakia - Green BeansKathy Tsaples
- 1.5 kg green beans
- 3 zucchinis
- 3 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of Massel stock
- 1 cup of parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- Slice the tops off the green beans and string them if necessary. Rinse and drain, keeping them in your colander for now.
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pot and sauté the onions until they are softened and almost sticky (but not burnt).
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, two to three grinds of fresh pepper and a good amount of salt and paprika. Simmer uncovered over medium heat for around 10 minutes until the tomatoes soften and collapse.
- Add the chilli, potatoes and carrots, then add the stock and put the lid on the saucepan.
- When it comes to a boil, stir through the beans and then put the lid back on. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the beans are soft and the liquid has reduced.
- Add the zucchini and continue to simmer. It’s a good idea to stir the beans every so often. At the end of this time there should be a good amount of thickish sauce.
- Turn off the heat and leave the casserole covered for a while, allowing it to absorb the flavours.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...