Fasoulakia - Green BeansKathy Tsaples
- 1.5 kg green beans
- 3 zucchinis
- 3 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of Massel stock
- 1 cup of parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- Slice the tops off the green beans and string them if necessary. Rinse and drain, keeping them in your colander for now.
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pot and sauté the onions until they are softened and almost sticky (but not burnt).
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, two to three grinds of fresh pepper and a good amount of salt and paprika. Simmer uncovered over medium heat for around 10 minutes until the tomatoes soften and collapse.
- Add the chilli, potatoes and carrots, then add the stock and put the lid on the saucepan.
- When it comes to a boil, stir through the beans and then put the lid back on. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the beans are soft and the liquid has reduced.
- Add the zucchini and continue to simmer. It’s a good idea to stir the beans every so often. At the end of this time there should be a good amount of thickish sauce.
- Turn off the heat and leave the casserole covered for a while, allowing it to absorb the flavours.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...