Mac and CheeseBen O'Donoghue
- 500gm macaroni pasta
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 500g monterey jack cheese
- 500ml cream
- 500ml milk
- 160gm butter
- 100gm flour
- 500ml beer
- Chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 spring onion finely sliced
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the flour and mix together, slowly mix in the cream and milk, stirring continuously until to form a smooth white sauce
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes then add the cheese and stir to melt. Then add the beer and chilli flakes and salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the macaroni in salted water and then drain. Toss in the diced tomato
- Combine the seasoned cheese sauce with the pasta and tomatoes and then transfer to a baking dish.
- Melt the 2 tbsp of butter and mix into the bread crumbs mix with the slice spring onions and scatter over the top of the macaroni
- Bake at 180 degrees until golden
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...