Mac and CheeseBen O'Donoghue
- 500gm macaroni pasta
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 500g monterey jack cheese
- 500ml cream
- 500ml milk
- 160gm butter
- 100gm flour
- 500ml beer
- Chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 spring onion finely sliced
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the flour and mix together, slowly mix in the cream and milk, stirring continuously until to form a smooth white sauce
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes then add the cheese and stir to melt. Then add the beer and chilli flakes and salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the macaroni in salted water and then drain. Toss in the diced tomato
- Combine the seasoned cheese sauce with the pasta and tomatoes and then transfer to a baking dish.
- Melt the 2 tbsp of butter and mix into the bread crumbs mix with the slice spring onions and scatter over the top of the macaroni
- Bake at 180 degrees until golden
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...