Mixed Berry PancakeBen O'Donoghue
- 1 cup Laucke plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 40g butter crème fraîche
- 250 g smooth ricotta
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Honey, to taste
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Sprigs of mint,
- Icing sugar, sifted
- To make the crepe batter, sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and slowly add the milk and egg mixture, whisking continuously to bring the flour and liquid together to form a smooth pouring cream consistency.
- Set aside to rest for an hour or so (this can also be done the night before).
- Combine the ricotta filling ingredients. The amount of honey you use is up to you; I like it just sweet. Set aside.
- Place the mixed berries and icing sugar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Gently heat a non-stick frying pan or crepe pan. Using a brush or some paper towel, lightly butter the surface of the pan. Add 3 tablespoons crepe batter to the pan, quickly swirling it around to ensure a thin, even coating of batter.
- Ideally, the crepe should be thin enough to see your hand through when you hold it up.
- Cook the crepe on one side for 2–3 minutes, then, using a palette knife, turn it over and cook for a further 1–2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Cook the crepes in batches, making two crepes per serve and keeping them warm under a folded tea towel.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the ricotta mixture in the middle of each crepe and spread it around a little. Fold the crepes in half, then in half again and place them on serving plates. Spoon the berries and sauce over the top and finish with a dollop of crème fraîche, a sprig of mint and a dusting of icing
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...