Mixed Berry PancakeBen O'Donoghue
- 1 cup Laucke plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 40g butter crème fraîche
- 250 g smooth ricotta
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Honey, to taste
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Sprigs of mint,
- Icing sugar, sifted
- To make the crepe batter, sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and slowly add the milk and egg mixture, whisking continuously to bring the flour and liquid together to form a smooth pouring cream consistency.
- Set aside to rest for an hour or so (this can also be done the night before).
- Combine the ricotta filling ingredients. The amount of honey you use is up to you; I like it just sweet. Set aside.
- Place the mixed berries and icing sugar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Gently heat a non-stick frying pan or crepe pan. Using a brush or some paper towel, lightly butter the surface of the pan. Add 3 tablespoons crepe batter to the pan, quickly swirling it around to ensure a thin, even coating of batter.
- Ideally, the crepe should be thin enough to see your hand through when you hold it up.
- Cook the crepe on one side for 2–3 minutes, then, using a palette knife, turn it over and cook for a further 1–2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Cook the crepes in batches, making two crepes per serve and keeping them warm under a folded tea towel.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the ricotta mixture in the middle of each crepe and spread it around a little. Fold the crepes in half, then in half again and place them on serving plates. Spoon the berries and sauce over the top and finish with a dollop of crème fraîche, a sprig of mint and a dusting of icing
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: Smoothie 1 Australian papaya 2 Australian passion fruit Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping) 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt Toppings 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes ½ sliced Australian banana 2...
Ingredients: 31/4 cups (225g) fresh breadcrumbs 100g unsalted butter 11/4 cups (440g) golden syrup Grated zest of 1 orange, plus 3 tbsp juice Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg 1 cup (150g) pecan nuts, halved Icing sugar and vanilla ice cream, to serve Sweet pastry 12/3...
Ingredients: 1/3 cup Chia seeds 400 mls Coconut milk 3-5 tablespoons Pure maple syrup 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract 3 large Mangoes, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon Lime juice 1/4 Pineapple, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon Mint leaves or micro mint Freeze dried...
Ingredients: Flourless Orange Cake Oranges 3pcs Sugar 375g Ground cardamom 3g Cinnamon 1 large pinch Almond meal 450g Baking powder 7.5g Eggs 8 pcs Lemon Buttercream Eggs 110g Butter 500g Sugar 145g Water 40g Lemon juice 50g Method: Flourless Orange Cake Fill a pot...
Ingredients: Zest of ½ orange 200mls Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon ½ stick of gelatin OR 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 1 tsp of water 1 clove 1 teaspoon of caster sugar plus extra to taste 200gm black cherries fresh or frozen Method: Place all the ingredients except the...