- 1 cob loaf or similar loaf round or oval
- Grilled and marinated eggplant
- Grilled and peeled red peppers
- Marinated Artichokes
- Stuffed pepperoncini
- Pitted olives
- Mozzarella slices
- Swiss cheese
- Cut the top off your bread about 1/3 rd of the way down. Hollow out the bottom and the top of the bread to create a cavity.
- Keep the bread for bread crumbs (drying it out in a warm oven until crisp and dry)
- Smother the inside top and bottom with pesto.
- Layer all your antipasti ingredients in the bottom part of the bread filling it with alternative layers of the veg then the meats and cheese so that if over fills the bottom.
- Place the top on the loaf and press down to close.
- Wrap tightly with multiple layers of cling film to make a compact parcel and place in the fridge overnight!
- To serve, cut into slices of wedges.
There’s no real quantity for this recipe, it just depends on the size of your loaf of bread
Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes 3 cans of roma tomatoes, crushed by hand 1 onion, finely diced 2-3 cloves of garlic 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp 1tbsp red wine vinegar 1L water or chicken stock (optional) 1tbsp tomato...
Ingredients: 1.5 kg green beans 3 potatoes 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 onions, chopped 1 cup of olive oil 3 cups of Massel stock 1 cup of parsley finely chopped 1 tbsp sweet paprika Salt Pepper Method: Slice the tops off the green beans and string...
Ingredients: 500gm macaroni pasta 1 cup diced tomato Cheese sauce 500g monterey jack cheese 500ml cream 500ml milk 160gm butter 100gm flour 500ml beer Chilli flakes Salt and pepper 3/4 cup bread crumbs 2 tbsp melted butter 2 spring onion finely sliced Method: Cheese...
Ingredients: Serves 4 Hummus 1 Australian beetroot 4 Australian chestnuts 1 tin chickpeas 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Freshly squeezed juice from 1 ½ Australian lemons 1 clove Australian garlic 2 tbsp unhulled tahini ½ tsp cumin Pinch sea salt Cracked...
Ingredients: 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks 4 cups cornflakes 100g parmesan, finely grated 1 cup plain flour 1 egg 200ml milk 100g butter 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil 12 sage leaves 8 anchovy fillets Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish Salsa 1 large red capsicum 2 ripe...
Ingredients: Ribeye steak Salt Pepper 100g butter, softened 1 orange, zest 1 tsp thyme 50g hazelnuts, roasted 80g Blue cheese Method: Liberally season your steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking, turning regularly. Rest for half of the cook time. Combine...