Ricotta Spice CakeSimone Austin
Makes 1, Serves 8, Pep time 15minutes, Cooking time 35min
- 100g butter
- 8 scoops Ensure Vanilla powder
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ teaspoon Gingerbread spice mix
- Preheat the oven to 180degrees (or 170 degrees fan forced oven) Grease and flour a 20cm round cake pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, Ensure Vanilla powder and ricotta cheese and mix until combined.
- To the bowl add sifted flour, gingerbread spice mix and yoghurt and beat until all combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake pan and bake in moderate oven for about 35minutes or until the middle springs back.
- Stand for 5 minutes before turning on to wire rack to cool.