Roasted Banana Cake with Maple ButterKay-Lene Tan
- Roasted bananas 300g
- Vanilla 1g
- Butter 112g
- Brown sugar 250g
- Eggs 100g
- Flour 275g
- Baking powder 10g
- Sea salt 5g
Whipped Maple Butter
- Unsalted butter 250g
- Maple syrup 80g
- Sea salt 3g
- Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10 minutes or until banana skins are black. Allow to cool slightly.
- Weigh flour, baking powder and sea salt into a bowl.
- Weigh butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Cream with a paddle until fluffy.
- Gradually add eggs, and roasted bananas into butter mixture. Emulsify.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into a baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 170⁰c for about 20 minutes. Use a skewer to check if it is baked.
Whipped Maple Butter
- Soften butter in the microwave, but not until melted.
- Put butter into a mixing bowl with the whisk attachment. Add in maple syrup and sea salt.
- Whisk until fluffy.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...