Savoury MuffinsSimone Austin
Makes 12, Serves 12, prep time 20minutes, Cooking time 25minutes
- 12 scoops Ensure Neutral Powder
- 420g can corn kernals
- 420g can creamed corn
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 small brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 4 pieces short cut bacon, fat removed, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup chopped silverbeet
- 2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- Grease and flour a 12 pan muffin tin.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a pan add a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Add the bacon and onion and fry until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool a little.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs with a fork.
- Add the corn, silverbeet, carrot, ¾ cup of the cheese, paprika and milk. Stir until combined.
- Into the bowl add sift in the flour, add the Ensure neutral powder and mix to form a batter.
- Spoon into the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle each muffin with the remaining tasty cheese.
- Bake for 20-25minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for 5minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.