Slow Cooked BeefKathy Tsaples
- 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes
- 3 cans of roma tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1L water or chicken stock (optional)
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 1tsp sweet paprika
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A few basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tsp cooking salt
- 1tsp pepper
- In a heavy-based wide casserole dish, brown your meat a little at a time so that it doesn’t stew.
- Once all the meat has browned, add the onion and the garlic cloves. Stir a few times.
- Add the tomato paste and sweet paprika, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and bay leaf as well as the half cup of olive oil.
- Add 1 litre of water or chicken stock if you like, close the lid, and simmer gently for about 1 hour. Check every so often and stir.
- The liquid will evaporate, leaving a lusciously thick tomato sauce. The meat should be soft and melt in your mouth. If the meat needs more cooking, just add a little more water and continue to simmer. In the final 15 minutes, add the 2 tablespoons of oil, basil leaves and red wine vinegar.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...