Smash BurgersMike Reid
- 250g Beef brisket
- 250g Beef chuck
- 100g Beef Fat
- 125g Minced onion
- 25ml Veg Oil
- 125g Butter, unsalted
- 50g Cheddar cheese
- 25ml Egg yolk
- 5ml White wine vinegar
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 80g Onion
- Milk bun
- 1 Tomato
- Pickled Cucumber
- Iceberg lettuce
- American mustard
- Slowly sweat down your diced onions over a medium heat and cook until golden brown and sugars have released.
- Dice all your meat and fat into rough cubes that will fit through your mincer easily
- Layout cling film on your bench with a few overlapping layers ready for your mince in a minute
- Set up your mincer and add all ingredients collecting your mince as it comes out and laying it on the cling film you set up earlier. Build up the meat in layers almost like you are rebuilding a sausage
- Once all the meat is minced roll the mix in the clingfilm nice and tightly like a sausage. Tie of the ends and put in the fridge to firm up for a couple of hours before cutting into privatepatties
- Add your egg yolk and vinegar to the thermomix and blend until sabayon stage.
- Clarify your butter and grate your cheese and put to one side.
- Take your egg mix from the thermo and place in a metal bowl. Pour your clarified butter into the mix slowly giving it a chance to combine.
- Add your cheese right at the end and season with the whey from the butter and cayenne pepper.
1. Slowly sweat down your diced onions over a medium heat and cook until golden brown and sugars have released
- Grill your burger on your griddle top, whilst toasting your buns on the grill too
- Place your bacon jam on the base of the bun and your burger on top.
- Cover with cheese, pickled cucumbers, pickled onion and lettuce, cover with lid and serve
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Young Tempranillo.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...