Spanner Crab Fried RiceMatt Sinclair
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 4 cups cooked rice (day old)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 300g Spanner crab meat
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp coriander stems and leaves, finely chopped
- Heat oil over a medium heat in a wok or deep frypan. Cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until golden and softened.
- Add the eggs and spread around the pan, allow them to sit for a moment before mixing through to scramble. Add the crab meat and toss through for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked rice and toss to combine well. Season with the salt, stock powder, sugar and pepper. Stir-fry until well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Lastly, toss through the spring onion and coriander before removing from the heat. Divide into portions and garnish with fresh coriander.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...