Spanner Crab Fried RiceMatt Sinclair
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 4 cups cooked rice (day old)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 300g Spanner crab meat
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp coriander stems and leaves, finely chopped
- Heat oil over a medium heat in a wok or deep frypan. Cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until golden and softened.
- Add the eggs and spread around the pan, allow them to sit for a moment before mixing through to scramble. Add the crab meat and toss through for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked rice and toss to combine well. Season with the salt, stock powder, sugar and pepper. Stir-fry until well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Lastly, toss through the spring onion and coriander before removing from the heat. Divide into portions and garnish with fresh coriander.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...