Veal SchnitzelBen O'Donoghue
- 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 100g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 200ml milk
- 100g butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 12 sage leaves
- 8 anchovy fillets
- Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish
- 1 large red capsicum
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the veal steaks between sheets of baking paper and beat until they’re each around 3 mm thick.
- Crush the cornflakes into fine crumbs in a mortar with a pestle.
- Combine with the parmesan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, egg and milk and whisk to a smooth batter.
- Dip the veal into the batter, allowing the excess batter to drip off.
- Dredge in the cornflake and parmesan crumbs. To ensure that the veal is well coated with crumbs, pat it between your hands.
- Place each crumbed steak on a tray while you crumb the remaining veal cotolettas.
- To make the salsa, grill the capsicum until charred, then allow to cool. Remove the skin and seeds, then dice. Blanch, skin and deseed the tomatoes, then dice. Place in a bowl and combine with the diced capsicum.
- Add the garlic and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Heat a frying pan large enough to fit two of the cotolettas.
- Add 50g of butter and the sunflower oil. When the butter starts to foam, add the veal and cook until crisp and golden on both sides. Remove from the pan and cook the remaining cotolettas.
- Clean the pan, then add the remaining butter and heat until it starts to foam. Add the sage leaves and anchovies, allowing the sage to become crisp and the anchovy to soften.
- Place the cotolettas on plates and dress with the sage and anchovy butter. Scatter with the salsa, and garnish with a little wild rocket.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...