Welsh RarebitMatt Sinclair
- 4-6 large slices thick-cut sourdough
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. plain flour
- 250ml Pale Ale
- 1 heaped tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, plus extra
- 150gm Vintage cheddar, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the grill to 220C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place a small saucepan over a low heat and melt butter until lightly bubbling. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to combine. Cook for approximately 2 minutes, whisking continuously to avoid burning. Gradually pour in the beer, whisking after each addition until the sauce is thick and smooth. Add mustard, chilli and Worcestershire and stir through. Finally, add in cheddar and whisk until the cheese has melted and the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add in the egg yolk and gently whisk through. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread slices and butter on one side. Place buttered-side up onto the prepared baking tray. Spoon over cheese mixture and spread to the edges of the toasted bread. Place under the grill for 1-2 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley and an extra drizzle of Worcestershire sauce.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...