Welsh RarebitMatt Sinclair
- 4-6 large slices thick-cut sourdough
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. plain flour
- 250ml Pale Ale
- 1 heaped tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, plus extra
- 150gm Vintage cheddar, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the grill to 220C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place a small saucepan over a low heat and melt butter until lightly bubbling. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to combine. Cook for approximately 2 minutes, whisking continuously to avoid burning. Gradually pour in the beer, whisking after each addition until the sauce is thick and smooth. Add mustard, chilli and Worcestershire and stir through. Finally, add in cheddar and whisk until the cheese has melted and the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add in the egg yolk and gently whisk through. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread slices and butter on one side. Place buttered-side up onto the prepared baking tray. Spoon over cheese mixture and spread to the edges of the toasted bread. Place under the grill for 1-2 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley and an extra drizzle of Worcestershire sauce.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...