Welsh RarebitMatt Sinclair
- 4-6 large slices thick-cut sourdough
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. plain flour
- 250ml Pale Ale
- 1 heaped tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, plus extra
- 150gm Vintage cheddar, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the grill to 220C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place a small saucepan over a low heat and melt butter until lightly bubbling. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to combine. Cook for approximately 2 minutes, whisking continuously to avoid burning. Gradually pour in the beer, whisking after each addition until the sauce is thick and smooth. Add mustard, chilli and Worcestershire and stir through. Finally, add in cheddar and whisk until the cheese has melted and the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add in the egg yolk and gently whisk through. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread slices and butter on one side. Place buttered-side up onto the prepared baking tray. Spoon over cheese mixture and spread to the edges of the toasted bread. Place under the grill for 1-2 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley and an extra drizzle of Worcestershire sauce.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...