Makes 18 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 35 mins (for 2x batches).
Vegetarian, low lactose, gluten free.
- 250g glutinous rice flour
- ¾ cup chocolate Glucerna powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 18 dark chocolate melts
- 1/3 cup crushed peanuts
- Place flour, Glucerna powder and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl. Add water and combine well to make a soft dough.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow mixture to thicken.
- Remove from fridge and shape a small amount of mixture into a ball and set it aside (you’ll have enough dough to make 18 dumplings).
- Slightly flatten each dumpling and place a chocolate melt in its centre. Shape the dumpling back into a ball.
- Line a steamer with baking paper and prepare a pot of steaming water. Place dumplings in the steamer and steam for 16-18 minutes or until tender and glossy. Repeat the process until all the dumplings are cooked.
- Allow dumplings to cool before rolling in crushed peanuts before serving.