Duck San Choi BowMatt Sinclair
- 500g duck mince
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, julienned
- 100g shiitake mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 coriander root, chopped
- Dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. caster sugar
- 8-10 iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 bunch assorted Asian herbs (Coriander/Mint/Vietnamese mint/Thai basil)
- 2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- 35gm roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Over a high heat, place peanut oil and sesame oil in a large wok and heat until smoking. Add duck mince in 2 separate batches, stirring constantly until browned. Scoop out duck using a slotted spoon (I used a sieve) to ensure the meat juice and fat remains in the wok. Set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, ginger and chilli flakes and fry off for approximately 1 minute. Add mushroom and mix together for a further 1 minute. Deglaze wok with soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice wine vinegar and stir fry until well combined.
- Return browned duck mince to wok and toss to combine. Add sugar and continue to toss until dissolved and combined. Toss through coriander root just before serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl together with lettuce cups, peanuts, bean sprouts, Asian herbs and fresh chilli to share.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...