Duck San Choi BowMatt Sinclair
- 500g duck mince
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, julienned
- 100g shiitake mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 coriander root, chopped
- Dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. caster sugar
- 8-10 iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 bunch assorted Asian herbs (Coriander/Mint/Vietnamese mint/Thai basil)
- 2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- 35gm roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Over a high heat, place peanut oil and sesame oil in a large wok and heat until smoking. Add duck mince in 2 separate batches, stirring constantly until browned. Scoop out duck using a slotted spoon (I used a sieve) to ensure the meat juice and fat remains in the wok. Set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, ginger and chilli flakes and fry off for approximately 1 minute. Add mushroom and mix together for a further 1 minute. Deglaze wok with soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice wine vinegar and stir fry until well combined.
- Return browned duck mince to wok and toss to combine. Add sugar and continue to toss until dissolved and combined. Toss through coriander root just before serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl together with lettuce cups, peanuts, bean sprouts, Asian herbs and fresh chilli to share.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...