Duck San Choi BowMatt Sinclair
- 500g duck mince
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, julienned
- 100g shiitake mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 coriander root, chopped
- Dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. caster sugar
- 8-10 iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 bunch assorted Asian herbs (Coriander/Mint/Vietnamese mint/Thai basil)
- 2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- 35gm roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Over a high heat, place peanut oil and sesame oil in a large wok and heat until smoking. Add duck mince in 2 separate batches, stirring constantly until browned. Scoop out duck using a slotted spoon (I used a sieve) to ensure the meat juice and fat remains in the wok. Set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, ginger and chilli flakes and fry off for approximately 1 minute. Add mushroom and mix together for a further 1 minute. Deglaze wok with soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice wine vinegar and stir fry until well combined.
- Return browned duck mince to wok and toss to combine. Add sugar and continue to toss until dissolved and combined. Toss through coriander root just before serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl together with lettuce cups, peanuts, bean sprouts, Asian herbs and fresh chilli to share.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...