Gnocchi Bake with Black Olives and Cherry TomatoesMatt Sinclair
- 500g store-bought gnocchi
- 150g buffalo mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g pitted black olives
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 x 400gm can cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup picked basil leaves, finely chopped, plus extra
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped, plus extra
- Prepare the cherry tomato sauce first: Add the oil to a deep frypan and place over a medium-high heat. Saute the onion for 3-4 minutes until slightly translucent. Add the anchovies and garlic, stir through to combine and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the anchovies have broken down. Add the olives and tomato paste and stir though.
- When the sauce starts to stick slightly after a minute or so, add the stock to deglaze the pan. Scrape the bottom to release the flavour into the sauce. Add the cherry tomatoes, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook the sauce for at least 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Stir through the herbs and season to taste with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi in batches. They will be cooked when they have floated to the top. Strain well and pour into the base of an ovenproof baking dish.
- Top with sauce and mix to coat. Tear up the mozzarella and dot over the top of the gnocchi. Top with parmesan. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and melted.
- Remove to cool slightly and garnish with extra basil and parsley before serving.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...