BBQ Baby Snapper with Almond CreamMatt Sinclair
- 3/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (mandolin)
- 1/2 bunch Dill, plus extra
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 baby snapper*, gutted
- 250 gm blanched almonds
- 500 ml water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-prepare almond cream by adding the almonds, water, garlic, lemon and salt to a blender and blitz to combine. Gradually add the olive oil while still blending and mix until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and lemon. Refrigerate in a sealed container until required.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a bowl and stir until sugar has dissolved. Add half of the fennel, dill and red onion and immerse in liquid. Set aside.
- Gently score the skin of the fish on either side. Fill the cavities with remaining fennel, onion and half of the lemon slices. Drizzle fish with olive oil and season well with sea salt.
- Heat a BBQ or griddle pan on medium-high. Cook the fish for approximately 8 minutes on each slide until flesh is opaque and skin is nicely charred. BBQ the remaining lemon slices for about a minute each side to caramelise.
- Remove the fish to a tray and allow it to rest for 8-10 minutes. To serve, spread a good amount of almond cream on the base of a platter, lay the fish over the cream and garnish with the caramelised lemon slices, pickled fennel and onion and extra dill fronds.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Semillon.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...