BBQ Baby Snapper with Almond CreamMatt Sinclair
- 3/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (mandolin)
- 1/2 bunch Dill, plus extra
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 baby snapper*, gutted
- 250 gm blanched almonds
- 500 ml water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-prepare almond cream by adding the almonds, water, garlic, lemon and salt to a blender and blitz to combine. Gradually add the olive oil while still blending and mix until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and lemon. Refrigerate in a sealed container until required.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a bowl and stir until sugar has dissolved. Add half of the fennel, dill and red onion and immerse in liquid. Set aside.
- Gently score the skin of the fish on either side. Fill the cavities with remaining fennel, onion and half of the lemon slices. Drizzle fish with olive oil and season well with sea salt.
- Heat a BBQ or griddle pan on medium-high. Cook the fish for approximately 8 minutes on each slide until flesh is opaque and skin is nicely charred. BBQ the remaining lemon slices for about a minute each side to caramelise.
- Remove the fish to a tray and allow it to rest for 8-10 minutes. To serve, spread a good amount of almond cream on the base of a platter, lay the fish over the cream and garnish with the caramelised lemon slices, pickled fennel and onion and extra dill fronds.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Semillon.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...