BBQ Baby Snapper with Almond CreamMatt Sinclair
- 3/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (mandolin)
- 1/2 bunch Dill, plus extra
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 baby snapper*, gutted
- 250 gm blanched almonds
- 500 ml water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-prepare almond cream by adding the almonds, water, garlic, lemon and salt to a blender and blitz to combine. Gradually add the olive oil while still blending and mix until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and lemon. Refrigerate in a sealed container until required.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a bowl and stir until sugar has dissolved. Add half of the fennel, dill and red onion and immerse in liquid. Set aside.
- Gently score the skin of the fish on either side. Fill the cavities with remaining fennel, onion and half of the lemon slices. Drizzle fish with olive oil and season well with sea salt.
- Heat a BBQ or griddle pan on medium-high. Cook the fish for approximately 8 minutes on each slide until flesh is opaque and skin is nicely charred. BBQ the remaining lemon slices for about a minute each side to caramelise.
- Remove the fish to a tray and allow it to rest for 8-10 minutes. To serve, spread a good amount of almond cream on the base of a platter, lay the fish over the cream and garnish with the caramelised lemon slices, pickled fennel and onion and extra dill fronds.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Semillon.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...