Black Pepper KanagrooBen O'Donoghue
- 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying
- 2 green capsicums – cut into strips
- 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half
- 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped
- 4 bulbs spring onions – onion part only
Black Pepper Sauce
- 40ml Ketchup Manis
- 40ml Oyster sauce
- 40mls light soy sauce
- 20gm ginger
- 20gm garlic
- 10gm red chilli
- 3 Spring onions Whites and green finely slice
- 10gm Dried shrimps soaked in hot water
- 10gm Cracked black pepper
- 2gms curry leaves or 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander 50gm butter
- Combine the Ketchup Manis, oyster sauce, soy in a small bowl. Pound the garlic, ginger, soaked shrimp and chilli in a and pestle mortar or a food processor to a smooth paste. Add the cracked pepper. Heat the sunflower oil in a wok. Fry the curry leaves and then fry the white spring onions and spice paste until fragrant. Add the soy mix and bring to the boil, add the butter and whisk together.
- Toss the kangaroo in the cornflour to coat and season with salt and pepper
- Heat the one tablespoon of oil in a wok to high and quickly sear the kangaroo in 2 batches, then remove and wipe the pan out for the vegetables.
- Again heat the oil and wok to high and add the onion bulbs with a splash of chicken stock to get them cooking. Next, add broccoli and stir fry for 2 minutes before adding the capsicums.
- When the vegetables are wilting add the cooked kangaroo back to the wok and stir in 3 tablespoons black pepper sauce. Continue to stir on the heat until the vegetables are well coated, then remove and serve immediately with steamed rice and freshly chopped coriander.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...