Black Pepper KanagrooBen O'Donoghue
- 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying
- 2 green capsicums – cut into strips
- 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half
- 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped
- 4 bulbs spring onions – onion part only
Black Pepper Sauce
- 40ml Ketchup Manis
- 40ml Oyster sauce
- 40mls light soy sauce
- 20gm ginger
- 20gm garlic
- 10gm red chilli
- 3 Spring onions Whites and green finely slice
- 10gm Dried shrimps soaked in hot water
- 10gm Cracked black pepper
- 2gms curry leaves or 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander 50gm butter
- Combine the Ketchup Manis, oyster sauce, soy in a small bowl. Pound the garlic, ginger, soaked shrimp and chilli in a and pestle mortar or a food processor to a smooth paste. Add the cracked pepper. Heat the sunflower oil in a wok. Fry the curry leaves and then fry the white spring onions and spice paste until fragrant. Add the soy mix and bring to the boil, add the butter and whisk together.
- Toss the kangaroo in the cornflour to coat and season with salt and pepper
- Heat the one tablespoon of oil in a wok to high and quickly sear the kangaroo in 2 batches, then remove and wipe the pan out for the vegetables.
- Again heat the oil and wok to high and add the onion bulbs with a splash of chicken stock to get them cooking. Next, add broccoli and stir fry for 2 minutes before adding the capsicums.
- When the vegetables are wilting add the cooked kangaroo back to the wok and stir in 3 tablespoons black pepper sauce. Continue to stir on the heat until the vegetables are well coated, then remove and serve immediately with steamed rice and freshly chopped coriander.
Ingredients: 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot) 1 Carrot (julienned) 1 Zucchini (julienned) 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced) 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated 4 Radishes, thinly sliced 1 cup Shelled edamame...
Ingredients: 4 x Burger buns Brioche 600g beef mince (formed into 150g balls) ½ red onion finely diced 100g garlic and dill pickles “Maclures “ or similar 4tbsp tomato ketchup Monteray jack cheese slices (4x 50g slices) 100g Kewpie mayo 20g Hot English mustard Salt...
Ingredients: Pumpkin Seed Hummus 300g pepita seeds soaked in water 30g garlic 120ml lemon juice 120gm tahini 250ml water 250g evo Tahini Green Goddess Dressing 3 cloves garlic peeled Juice of 1 lemon 60mls Salt 100g tahini 250ml EVO 1 cup of water 1 tablespoon caper 1...
Ingredients: 1 x Laucke Brioche Mix Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled 600g chicken tenders sunflower oil for frying Kewpee sesame dressing Pineapple Iceberg lettuce ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt Crumb 1 ½ cup chickpea flour 1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ¼ tsp...
Ingredients: Dineamic Sweet Potato and Coconut Curry Cauliflower rice Roti bread Yoghurt Mint Method: Place the pouch in a pot of simmering water for 10 minutes. Cauliflower rice is super easy to make if you have a food processor. Chop the floret of cauliflower and...
Ingredients: 1-2 Safcol tins smoked trout 1 tub full fat cream cheese 1 tbsp dill chopped finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or banana shallot 1tbsp baby capers Juice of 1 lemon Salt Pepper To serve Cucumber sticks Carrot sticks Celery sticks And or...