Black Pepper KanagrooBen O'Donoghue
- 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying
- 2 green capsicums – cut into strips
- 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half
- 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped
- 4 bulbs spring onions – onion part only
Black Pepper Sauce
- 40ml Ketchup Manis
- 40ml Oyster sauce
- 40mls light soy sauce
- 20gm ginger
- 20gm garlic
- 10gm red chilli
- 3 Spring onions Whites and green finely slice
- 10gm Dried shrimps soaked in hot water
- 10gm Cracked black pepper
- 2gms curry leaves or 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander 50gm butter
- Combine the Ketchup Manis, oyster sauce, soy in a small bowl. Pound the garlic, ginger, soaked shrimp and chilli in a and pestle mortar or a food processor to a smooth paste. Add the cracked pepper. Heat the sunflower oil in a wok. Fry the curry leaves and then fry the white spring onions and spice paste until fragrant. Add the soy mix and bring to the boil, add the butter and whisk together.
- Toss the kangaroo in the cornflour to coat and season with salt and pepper
- Heat the one tablespoon of oil in a wok to high and quickly sear the kangaroo in 2 batches, then remove and wipe the pan out for the vegetables.
- Again heat the oil and wok to high and add the onion bulbs with a splash of chicken stock to get them cooking. Next, add broccoli and stir fry for 2 minutes before adding the capsicums.
- When the vegetables are wilting add the cooked kangaroo back to the wok and stir in 3 tablespoons black pepper sauce. Continue to stir on the heat until the vegetables are well coated, then remove and serve immediately with steamed rice and freshly chopped coriander.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...