Braised Lamb Shoulder with ToumMatt Sinclair
- 4kg Lamb shoulder with a generous fat cap
- 2 Litres liquid chicken stock
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 20gm lemon juice
- 20gm iced water
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- In a large saucepan heat 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil over a medium heat. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, bay leaves and peppercorns and fry off for approximately 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add chicken stock and bring to the boil to infuse.
- Place lamb shoulder in desired braising tray, ensuring it is deep enough to submerge the entire shoulder. Pour stock over the lamb, cover with tin foil and place into the oven for 3.5 hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the braising liquid for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toum in a food processor. Add the garlic, lemon and water and blitz on low to combine. Scrape the edges down and blitz again, slowly pour in the olive oil and process until combined and emulsified. Adjust seasoning with salt and extra lemon juice if required. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Turn the oven to 240C. Remove lamb shoulder from braising liquid and place on a roasting rack. Drizzle the fat cap with remaining olive oil and generously season with sea salt. Place into a heated oven for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Cabernet Sauvignon.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...