Braised Lamb Shoulder with ToumMatt Sinclair
- 4kg Lamb shoulder with a generous fat cap
- 2 Litres liquid chicken stock
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 20gm lemon juice
- 20gm iced water
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- In a large saucepan heat 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil over a medium heat. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, bay leaves and peppercorns and fry off for approximately 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add chicken stock and bring to the boil to infuse.
- Place lamb shoulder in desired braising tray, ensuring it is deep enough to submerge the entire shoulder. Pour stock over the lamb, cover with tin foil and place into the oven for 3.5 hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the braising liquid for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toum in a food processor. Add the garlic, lemon and water and blitz on low to combine. Scrape the edges down and blitz again, slowly pour in the olive oil and process until combined and emulsified. Adjust seasoning with salt and extra lemon juice if required. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Turn the oven to 240C. Remove lamb shoulder from braising liquid and place on a roasting rack. Drizzle the fat cap with remaining olive oil and generously season with sea salt. Place into a heated oven for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Cabernet Sauvignon.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...