Brazillian Garlic BreadBen O'Donoghue
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 garlic cloves
- A good pinch of salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) thick / heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cups grated mature cheddar
- 1 long baguette
- Using a stick blender, blend the egg yolks in a jug with the garlic and salt.
- Slowly add the olive oil until you have a thick mayonnaise. Now slowly add the cream. Add half the dried oregano to the creamy mayo.
- Cut incisions into the baguette, about three-quarters deep, and about one finger-space apart. Using a spoon, fill at least 1 tablespoon of the creamy mayo between each slice.
- Place a length of foil on the bench, then top with a similar length of baking paper.
- Place the baguette in the middle. Fold the edges inwards once, then wrap the paper and foil up around the bread, leaving it a little loose and the top of the bread exposed.
- Pour the remaining creamy mayo over the top of the bread. Sprinkle with the cheese and remaining oregano.
- Cook on the resting rack of your barbecue at about 200 C for about 8–10 minutes or until the top of the bread is crispy and the cheese melted and golden brown. If you don’t have a resting rack bake it in the oven for the same time at the same temperature.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...