Brazillian Garlic BreadBen O'Donoghue
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 garlic cloves
- A good pinch of salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) thick / heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cups grated mature cheddar
- 1 long baguette
- Using a stick blender, blend the egg yolks in a jug with the garlic and salt.
- Slowly add the olive oil until you have a thick mayonnaise. Now slowly add the cream. Add half the dried oregano to the creamy mayo.
- Cut incisions into the baguette, about three-quarters deep, and about one finger-space apart. Using a spoon, fill at least 1 tablespoon of the creamy mayo between each slice.
- Place a length of foil on the bench, then top with a similar length of baking paper.
- Place the baguette in the middle. Fold the edges inwards once, then wrap the paper and foil up around the bread, leaving it a little loose and the top of the bread exposed.
- Pour the remaining creamy mayo over the top of the bread. Sprinkle with the cheese and remaining oregano.
- Cook on the resting rack of your barbecue at about 200 C for about 8–10 minutes or until the top of the bread is crispy and the cheese melted and golden brown. If you don’t have a resting rack bake it in the oven for the same time at the same temperature.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...