Brazillian Garlic BreadBen O'Donoghue
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 garlic cloves
- A good pinch of salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) thick / heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cups grated mature cheddar
- 1 long baguette
- Using a stick blender, blend the egg yolks in a jug with the garlic and salt.
- Slowly add the olive oil until you have a thick mayonnaise. Now slowly add the cream. Add half the dried oregano to the creamy mayo.
- Cut incisions into the baguette, about three-quarters deep, and about one finger-space apart. Using a spoon, fill at least 1 tablespoon of the creamy mayo between each slice.
- Place a length of foil on the bench, then top with a similar length of baking paper.
- Place the baguette in the middle. Fold the edges inwards once, then wrap the paper and foil up around the bread, leaving it a little loose and the top of the bread exposed.
- Pour the remaining creamy mayo over the top of the bread. Sprinkle with the cheese and remaining oregano.
- Cook on the resting rack of your barbecue at about 200 C for about 8–10 minutes or until the top of the bread is crispy and the cheese melted and golden brown. If you don’t have a resting rack bake it in the oven for the same time at the same temperature.
Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes 3 cans of roma tomatoes, crushed by hand 1 onion, finely diced 2-3 cloves of garlic 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp 1tbsp red wine vinegar 1L water or chicken stock (optional) 1tbsp tomato...
Ingredients: 1.5 kg green beans 3 potatoes 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 onions, chopped 1 cup of olive oil 3 cups of Massel stock 1 cup of parsley finely chopped 1 tbsp sweet paprika Salt Pepper Method: Slice the tops off the green beans and string...
Ingredients: 500gm macaroni pasta 1 cup diced tomato Cheese sauce 500g monterey jack cheese 500ml cream 500ml milk 160gm butter 100gm flour 500ml beer Chilli flakes Salt and pepper 3/4 cup bread crumbs 2 tbsp melted butter 2 spring onion finely sliced Method: Cheese...
Ingredients: Serves 4 Hummus 1 Australian beetroot 4 Australian chestnuts 1 tin chickpeas 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Freshly squeezed juice from 1 ½ Australian lemons 1 clove Australian garlic 2 tbsp unhulled tahini ½ tsp cumin Pinch sea salt Cracked...
Ingredients: 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks 4 cups cornflakes 100g parmesan, finely grated 1 cup plain flour 1 egg 200ml milk 100g butter 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil 12 sage leaves 8 anchovy fillets Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish Salsa 1 large red capsicum 2 ripe...
Ingredients: Ribeye steak Salt Pepper 100g butter, softened 1 orange, zest 1 tsp thyme 50g hazelnuts, roasted 80g Blue cheese Method: Liberally season your steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking, turning regularly. Rest for half of the cook time. Combine...