Chocolate CrepesMatt Sinclair
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Whipped Cream
- Dark Chocolate
- Place eggs, water and milk into a blender, followed by the rest of the crepe batter ingredients. Blitz for approximately 30 seconds until smooth. Place the blender jug and batter into the fridge to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place all compote ingredients into a small saucepan, lid on. Put the saucepan on your smallest burner, on the lowest heat. Cook for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, or until syrupy.
- Place a large non-stick pan on medium heat, brush the pan with butter. When pan is hot pour in approximately 1/3 cup of crepe batter and swirl around the circumference of the pan until the batter is set. Place back on the heat for approximately 1 minute, flip over and cook for a further minute. Repeat process, working on 3 crepes per serve.
- Top crepes with compote, whipped cream and grated dark chocolate.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Muscat.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...