Chocolate CrepesMatt Sinclair
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Whipped Cream
- Dark Chocolate
- Place eggs, water and milk into a blender, followed by the rest of the crepe batter ingredients. Blitz for approximately 30 seconds until smooth. Place the blender jug and batter into the fridge to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place all compote ingredients into a small saucepan, lid on. Put the saucepan on your smallest burner, on the lowest heat. Cook for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, or until syrupy.
- Place a large non-stick pan on medium heat, brush the pan with butter. When pan is hot pour in approximately 1/3 cup of crepe batter and swirl around the circumference of the pan until the batter is set. Place back on the heat for approximately 1 minute, flip over and cook for a further minute. Repeat process, working on 3 crepes per serve.
- Top crepes with compote, whipped cream and grated dark chocolate.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Muscat.
Ingredients: 150g raisins 100ml grappa 400g plain flour 10g yeast 115g sugar 2 eggs 150ml milk 30g toasted pine nuts Zest 1 orange Zest 1 lemon 50g chopped candied fruit Canola oil, for frying Method: Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes,...
Ingredients: 600g assorted stone fruit* Extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon 1 vanilla bean 300g thick Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp floral honey 50g salted macadamia, coarsely chopped Method: Cut and drizzle fruit with olive oil and grill, cut sides down, until juicy and charred,...
Ingredients:Serves 2 4x scoops Ensure chocolate powder 1 cup milk ½ cup cream 1 tbsp. caster sugar 1 tbsp. cornflour 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 egg yolks Shaved dark chocolate and fresh berries to serve Method: Gently heat the milk and cream...
Ingredients: Serves 1 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed berries 3 teaspoons chia seeds 1 cup natural yoghurt 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder 3 tablespoons oats 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1⁄2 kiwifruit, sliced (try keeping the skin on) 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds, roughly...
Ingredients: 175g Oats 3 ripe bananas 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp almond butter 1 punnet of frozen blueberries Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees 2. Puree the bananas together in a mixing bowl, until a thick paste. Fold in the oats, baking powder,...
Ingredients: Serves 6-8 430g cream cheese, room temperature 120g caster sugar 270ml thickened cream (at least 30% fat) 20g plain flour, sifted 3 eggs 1 Tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp vanilla extract Pinch of salt (approx. 1/2-1 tsp) Method: Preheat oven to 220C fan forced/...