Chocolate Raspberry BrowniesJoel Feren
Makes 8 Brownies
- ½ cup Ensure chocolate powder
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 200g dark chocolate
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1½ cups raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (fan-forced).
- Grease base and sides of a 26cm x 20cm baking tin with olive oil spray and line with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs for 2 minutes with an electric beater. Slowly add the sugar and beat for a further 3-4 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and glossy.
- Place the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on a medium setting for 2 minutes.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into egg mixture. Add the melted chocolate, vanilla extract and oil.
- Gently fold the Ensure powder, 1 cup of raspberries and chocolate chips through the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and top with remaining raspberries. Gently press each raspberry into the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...