Chocolate Raspberry BrowniesJoel Feren
Makes 8 Brownies
- ½ cup Ensure chocolate powder
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 200g dark chocolate
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1½ cups raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (fan-forced).
- Grease base and sides of a 26cm x 20cm baking tin with olive oil spray and line with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs for 2 minutes with an electric beater. Slowly add the sugar and beat for a further 3-4 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and glossy.
- Place the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on a medium setting for 2 minutes.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into egg mixture. Add the melted chocolate, vanilla extract and oil.
- Gently fold the Ensure powder, 1 cup of raspberries and chocolate chips through the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and top with remaining raspberries. Gently press each raspberry into the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...