Coconut FlanTruffle Risotto
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 400ml coconut milk
- 395ml condensed milk
- 120ml evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the sugar in a non-stick pot and place over a low-medium heat. Stir continuously until melted and rich golden brown in colour. Very carefully, pour into an 8-inch cake tin (Caution – this will be hot), swirl the melted sugar to evenly coat the base, and move up the sides of the cake tin.
- Place the coconut milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla into a blender and mix until well combined. Pour into the cake tin on top of the melted sugar.
- Place the cake tin in a larger baking tray and fill the baking tray with hot water 1/2 inch up the side. Bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until a knife in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cake tin from the water bath and transfer to a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Transfer to the fridge and chill for 4 hours.
- To remove flan from cake tin, put the base in warm water for about 5 minutes to soften caramel. Run a knife around the edge of the flan, place a large, inverted plate over the top and quickly flip to turn out. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...