Coconut FlanTruffle Risotto
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 400ml coconut milk
- 395ml condensed milk
- 120ml evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the sugar in a non-stick pot and place over a low-medium heat. Stir continuously until melted and rich golden brown in colour. Very carefully, pour into an 8-inch cake tin (Caution – this will be hot), swirl the melted sugar to evenly coat the base, and move up the sides of the cake tin.
- Place the coconut milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla into a blender and mix until well combined. Pour into the cake tin on top of the melted sugar.
- Place the cake tin in a larger baking tray and fill the baking tray with hot water 1/2 inch up the side. Bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until a knife in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cake tin from the water bath and transfer to a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Transfer to the fridge and chill for 4 hours.
- To remove flan from cake tin, put the base in warm water for about 5 minutes to soften caramel. Run a knife around the edge of the flan, place a large, inverted plate over the top and quickly flip to turn out. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...
Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) plain flour 3 tsp baking powder 1 cup (250ml) milk 2 ripe bananas 1 egg 1/3 cup (80g) brown sugar 2 tsp vanilla bean paste 1 tsp ground cinnamon 50g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to brush 100g dark chocolate, chopped Golden syrup,...
Ingredients:Ingredients for the cookie dough 90g unsalted butter 80g soft light brown sugar 75g caster sugar 1tsp salt ½ tsp bicarbonate soda, sieved 1 eggs, whole 160g plain flour, sieved 100g milk chocolate buttons or block chopped 50g dark chocolate buttons or...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: Olive oil, for greasing 75g shelled pistachios 100g mixed seeds 250g rolled oats 8 Medjool dates 100g dried apricots 50g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100ml maple syrup 4...
Ingredients: 200g butter, softened 200g caster sugar 4 eggs 200g self raising flour 8 sticks of rhubarb 1 orange Crumble 100g plain flour ½ tsp ginger cinnamon 50g butter, diced 50g brown sugar To serve 300ml double cream whipped 2 tbsp ginger syrup Method: Preheat...