Coconut FlanTruffle Risotto
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 400ml coconut milk
- 395ml condensed milk
- 120ml evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the sugar in a non-stick pot and place over a low-medium heat. Stir continuously until melted and rich golden brown in colour. Very carefully, pour into an 8-inch cake tin (Caution – this will be hot), swirl the melted sugar to evenly coat the base, and move up the sides of the cake tin.
- Place the coconut milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla into a blender and mix until well combined. Pour into the cake tin on top of the melted sugar.
- Place the cake tin in a larger baking tray and fill the baking tray with hot water 1/2 inch up the side. Bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until a knife in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cake tin from the water bath and transfer to a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Transfer to the fridge and chill for 4 hours.
- To remove flan from cake tin, put the base in warm water for about 5 minutes to soften caramel. Run a knife around the edge of the flan, place a large, inverted plate over the top and quickly flip to turn out. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...