Coconut FlanTruffle Risotto
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 400ml coconut milk
- 395ml condensed milk
- 120ml evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the sugar in a non-stick pot and place over a low-medium heat. Stir continuously until melted and rich golden brown in colour. Very carefully, pour into an 8-inch cake tin (Caution – this will be hot), swirl the melted sugar to evenly coat the base, and move up the sides of the cake tin.
- Place the coconut milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla into a blender and mix until well combined. Pour into the cake tin on top of the melted sugar.
- Place the cake tin in a larger baking tray and fill the baking tray with hot water 1/2 inch up the side. Bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until a knife in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cake tin from the water bath and transfer to a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Transfer to the fridge and chill for 4 hours.
- To remove flan from cake tin, put the base in warm water for about 5 minutes to soften caramel. Run a knife around the edge of the flan, place a large, inverted plate over the top and quickly flip to turn out. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...