Cumin Seed FlatbreadMatt Sinclair
● 350ml lukewarm water
● 1 sachet (7g) dried yeast
● 500g 00 flour
● Pinch of salt
● Pinch of sugar
● 2 Tbsp cumin seeds
● 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil, plus extra
- Add the yeast and warm water to a bowl, mix together and set aside for 5 minutes until slightly frothy.
- Place the flour, salt, sugar and cumin seeds into a large bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture and the oil. Bring in the sides of the flour into the centre with your hands and gradually combine the wet and the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dough in the bowl until smooth. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for approximately 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and sit somewhere warm for about 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Remove cling film and punch down the dough with your fist. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead for about 30 seconds until it has returned to its original size. Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces, roughly 100gm each, and roll each piece into a ball. Cover with a damp towel to avoid drying them out.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Flatten a dough ball out with the palm of your hand and gently press and pull it out until it is about 2mm thick. Transfer the flattened dough to the hot pan, placing it in away from you to avoid oil splatter. Cook on either side for about 1-2 minutes until golden and charred in spots. Remove and season with salt. Serve Hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...