Cumin Seed FlatbreadMatt Sinclair
● 350ml lukewarm water
● 1 sachet (7g) dried yeast
● 500g 00 flour
● Pinch of salt
● Pinch of sugar
● 2 Tbsp cumin seeds
● 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil, plus extra
- Add the yeast and warm water to a bowl, mix together and set aside for 5 minutes until slightly frothy.
- Place the flour, salt, sugar and cumin seeds into a large bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture and the oil. Bring in the sides of the flour into the centre with your hands and gradually combine the wet and the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dough in the bowl until smooth. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for approximately 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and sit somewhere warm for about 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Remove cling film and punch down the dough with your fist. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead for about 30 seconds until it has returned to its original size. Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces, roughly 100gm each, and roll each piece into a ball. Cover with a damp towel to avoid drying them out.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Flatten a dough ball out with the palm of your hand and gently press and pull it out until it is about 2mm thick. Transfer the flattened dough to the hot pan, placing it in away from you to avoid oil splatter. Cook on either side for about 1-2 minutes until golden and charred in spots. Remove and season with salt. Serve Hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...