Duck Liver PateBen O'Donoghue
- 500g duck livers (or chicken if you can’t find)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1x large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2x French shallot (eschalot), finely chopped
- 2x thyme stalks
- 30ml brandy
- 30ml port
- 30ml Madeira
- 125ml chilled cream
- 200g clarified butter, at room temperature
- Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan over high heat until the foam subsides, then add the shallots and sauté for 30 seconds, or until they just start to soften.
- Add the liver, marjoram and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Continue to sauté until the liver colours on the outside and just turns pink in the middle, about 90 seconds.
- Add all the alcohols to the pan and toss a few more times, then remove to a bowl and refrigerate to cool. Remove the thyme and add the vinegar.
- When the liver is cool, transfer to a food processor and process to a purée. Slowly pour in the cream and stir until the mixture is smooth. Adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to four 125 ml (½ cup) ramekins.
- Melt the clarified butter, allow to cool, then pour over the top of each pâté and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the butter has set.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...