Duck Liver PateBen O'Donoghue
- 500g duck livers (or chicken if you can’t find)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1x large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2x French shallot (eschalot), finely chopped
- 2x thyme stalks
- 30ml brandy
- 30ml port
- 30ml Madeira
- 125ml chilled cream
- 200g clarified butter, at room temperature
- Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan over high heat until the foam subsides, then add the shallots and sauté for 30 seconds, or until they just start to soften.
- Add the liver, marjoram and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Continue to sauté until the liver colours on the outside and just turns pink in the middle, about 90 seconds.
- Add all the alcohols to the pan and toss a few more times, then remove to a bowl and refrigerate to cool. Remove the thyme and add the vinegar.
- When the liver is cool, transfer to a food processor and process to a purée. Slowly pour in the cream and stir until the mixture is smooth. Adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to four 125 ml (½ cup) ramekins.
- Melt the clarified butter, allow to cool, then pour over the top of each pâté and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the butter has set.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...