Duck Liver PateBen O'Donoghue
- 500g duck livers (or chicken if you can’t find)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1x large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2x French shallot (eschalot), finely chopped
- 2x thyme stalks
- 30ml brandy
- 30ml port
- 30ml Madeira
- 125ml chilled cream
- 200g clarified butter, at room temperature
- Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan over high heat until the foam subsides, then add the shallots and sauté for 30 seconds, or until they just start to soften.
- Add the liver, marjoram and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Continue to sauté until the liver colours on the outside and just turns pink in the middle, about 90 seconds.
- Add all the alcohols to the pan and toss a few more times, then remove to a bowl and refrigerate to cool. Remove the thyme and add the vinegar.
- When the liver is cool, transfer to a food processor and process to a purée. Slowly pour in the cream and stir until the mixture is smooth. Adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to four 125 ml (½ cup) ramekins.
- Melt the clarified butter, allow to cool, then pour over the top of each pâté and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the butter has set.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...