Duck Liver PateBen O'Donoghue
- 500g duck livers (or chicken if you can’t find)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1x large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2x French shallot (eschalot), finely chopped
- 2x thyme stalks
- 30ml brandy
- 30ml port
- 30ml Madeira
- 125ml chilled cream
- 200g clarified butter, at room temperature
- Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan over high heat until the foam subsides, then add the shallots and sauté for 30 seconds, or until they just start to soften.
- Add the liver, marjoram and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Continue to sauté until the liver colours on the outside and just turns pink in the middle, about 90 seconds.
- Add all the alcohols to the pan and toss a few more times, then remove to a bowl and refrigerate to cool. Remove the thyme and add the vinegar.
- When the liver is cool, transfer to a food processor and process to a purée. Slowly pour in the cream and stir until the mixture is smooth. Adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to four 125 ml (½ cup) ramekins.
- Melt the clarified butter, allow to cool, then pour over the top of each pâté and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the butter has set.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...