Eton MessMatt Sinclair
- 200gm white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 300gm Greek vanilla yoghurt
- 200gm Mascarpone
- 4 Meringue nests, roughly chopped and crumbled
- 100gm raspberry sorbet
- ½ cup passionfruit pulp
- 125gm fresh blackberries, some halved, some left whole
- Preheat the oven to 140C and line a flat baking tray with baking paper. Scatter the white chocolate and place in the oven to melt and brown for 30-40 minutes, checking often, and remove once rich and golden brown. The darker the roast, the richer the caramel flavour. Remove and allow to cool before crushing it up, blitzing it into a crumb, or chopping it up into pieces.
- Lightly whisk the mascarpone to soften and then add in the yoghurt. Combine well.
- To assemble, dollop most of the yoghurt mixture onto a serving platter and smear randomly around the plate. Scatter pieces of meringue over the top and dollop balls of sorbet around randomly. Drizzle over the passionfruit pulp, and dollop the remaining yoghurt around the platter, and finish by scattering the blackberries.
- Sprinkle over some crumbled roasted white chocolate and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Moscato.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...