Eton MessMatt Sinclair
- 200gm white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 300gm Greek vanilla yoghurt
- 200gm Mascarpone
- 4 Meringue nests, roughly chopped and crumbled
- 100gm raspberry sorbet
- ½ cup passionfruit pulp
- 125gm fresh blackberries, some halved, some left whole
- Preheat the oven to 140C and line a flat baking tray with baking paper. Scatter the white chocolate and place in the oven to melt and brown for 30-40 minutes, checking often, and remove once rich and golden brown. The darker the roast, the richer the caramel flavour. Remove and allow to cool before crushing it up, blitzing it into a crumb, or chopping it up into pieces.
- Lightly whisk the mascarpone to soften and then add in the yoghurt. Combine well.
- To assemble, dollop most of the yoghurt mixture onto a serving platter and smear randomly around the plate. Scatter pieces of meringue over the top and dollop balls of sorbet around randomly. Drizzle over the passionfruit pulp, and dollop the remaining yoghurt around the platter, and finish by scattering the blackberries.
- Sprinkle over some crumbled roasted white chocolate and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Moscato.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...