Eton MessMatt Sinclair
- 200gm white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 300gm Greek vanilla yoghurt
- 200gm Mascarpone
- 4 Meringue nests, roughly chopped and crumbled
- 100gm raspberry sorbet
- ½ cup passionfruit pulp
- 125gm fresh blackberries, some halved, some left whole
- Preheat the oven to 140C and line a flat baking tray with baking paper. Scatter the white chocolate and place in the oven to melt and brown for 30-40 minutes, checking often, and remove once rich and golden brown. The darker the roast, the richer the caramel flavour. Remove and allow to cool before crushing it up, blitzing it into a crumb, or chopping it up into pieces.
- Lightly whisk the mascarpone to soften and then add in the yoghurt. Combine well.
- To assemble, dollop most of the yoghurt mixture onto a serving platter and smear randomly around the plate. Scatter pieces of meringue over the top and dollop balls of sorbet around randomly. Drizzle over the passionfruit pulp, and dollop the remaining yoghurt around the platter, and finish by scattering the blackberries.
- Sprinkle over some crumbled roasted white chocolate and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Moscato.
Can also be made with mangos. Ingredients: 100g Raspberries, frozen (we use Raspberries from Perfection Fresh) 150ml Water 60g Rolled Oats 1 Tbsp Honey, organic 1 Tsp Peanut Butter Roasted nuts to garnish and fresh raspberries Method: Mix the oats, water and...
Ingredients: 150g Soft brown sugar 75g Butter, unsalted 2 Free range Eggs 175g Dates, seeded 100ml Water 50ml Rum 175g Self raising flour 5g Bicarbonate soda 1g mixed spice Tip: Day before making soak the dates in the rum, bicarb of soda and water and leave in...
Ingredients: 250g punnet Qukes, deseeded 1 lime, juice ¼ bunch mint leaves 1tbs gin 150g butter (or dairy-free alternative) 150g golden caster sugar 1tsp vanilla paste 200g self-raising flour Gin Buttercream 125g butter (or dairy-free alternative), softened 65g...
Makes 1 X 15cm Cheesecake Serves: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Cooling Time: 3 hours 30 minutes minimum Ingredients: 3 (165g) Eggs 450g Cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened 150g Sugar,...
Time: 30 minutes Easy Ingredients: 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped. Top 30ml rum ½ cup brown sugar 1 Tbls pink peppercorns 1 lime, juice and zested 300ml thickened cream 300ml marscapone 1 vanilla bean 1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted 2 large meringues,...
Ingredients: 200g Plain Flour 120ml Buttermilk 100g Caster Sugar 1 Egg, beaten ½ Tsp Baking powder 1 Tsp Vanilla bean paste 200ml Thicken cream 75ml Maple syrup For Blueberry compote 2 punnets Blueberries 100g Caster sugar ½ lemon juice Method: Whisk together...