Falafel PitasMatt Sinclair
- 2 cups dried chickpeas
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch Dill, fronds picked
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander
- ½ – 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- Oil for frying
- 4 leaves kale, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- ½ Red onion, diced
- ½ bunch Parsley, finely chopped
- Olive Oil
- Lemon juice
- 4-6 Pita breads
- 200gm Garlic dip
- Soak chickpeas with the baking soda in water overnight. Drain and rinse once softened.
- Add the onion, herbs, garlic and spices to a food processor and pulse to combine. Add 2-3 cups of the soaked chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Pulse together until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Heat oil in a deep frypan to 180C. Form balls using 2 Tbsp of falafel mixture and carefully drop into the hot oil. Fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel, season with a little salt and repeat with remaining falafels mixture.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a medium bowl, drizzle to lightly coat in olive oil and season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Heat the pita bread in the oven, microwave or in a pan over the stove top. To serve, cut the pita breads in half and fill the centre of the pita pocket (or use as a wrap) with garlic sauce, falafels, salad and sriracha if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...