Falafel PitasMatt Sinclair
- 2 cups dried chickpeas
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch Dill, fronds picked
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander
- ½ – 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- Oil for frying
- 4 leaves kale, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- ½ Red onion, diced
- ½ bunch Parsley, finely chopped
- Olive Oil
- Lemon juice
- 4-6 Pita breads
- 200gm Garlic dip
- Soak chickpeas with the baking soda in water overnight. Drain and rinse once softened.
- Add the onion, herbs, garlic and spices to a food processor and pulse to combine. Add 2-3 cups of the soaked chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Pulse together until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Heat oil in a deep frypan to 180C. Form balls using 2 Tbsp of falafel mixture and carefully drop into the hot oil. Fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel, season with a little salt and repeat with remaining falafels mixture.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a medium bowl, drizzle to lightly coat in olive oil and season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Heat the pita bread in the oven, microwave or in a pan over the stove top. To serve, cut the pita breads in half and fill the centre of the pita pocket (or use as a wrap) with garlic sauce, falafels, salad and sriracha if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...