Falafel PitasMatt Sinclair
- 2 cups dried chickpeas
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch Dill, fronds picked
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander
- ½ – 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- Oil for frying
- 4 leaves kale, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- ½ Red onion, diced
- ½ bunch Parsley, finely chopped
- Olive Oil
- Lemon juice
- 4-6 Pita breads
- 200gm Garlic dip
- Soak chickpeas with the baking soda in water overnight. Drain and rinse once softened.
- Add the onion, herbs, garlic and spices to a food processor and pulse to combine. Add 2-3 cups of the soaked chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Pulse together until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Heat oil in a deep frypan to 180C. Form balls using 2 Tbsp of falafel mixture and carefully drop into the hot oil. Fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel, season with a little salt and repeat with remaining falafels mixture.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a medium bowl, drizzle to lightly coat in olive oil and season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Heat the pita bread in the oven, microwave or in a pan over the stove top. To serve, cut the pita breads in half and fill the centre of the pita pocket (or use as a wrap) with garlic sauce, falafels, salad and sriracha if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...