Falafel PitasMatt Sinclair
- 2 cups dried chickpeas
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch Dill, fronds picked
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander
- ½ – 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- Oil for frying
- 4 leaves kale, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- ½ Red onion, diced
- ½ bunch Parsley, finely chopped
- Olive Oil
- Lemon juice
- 4-6 Pita breads
- 200gm Garlic dip
- Soak chickpeas with the baking soda in water overnight. Drain and rinse once softened.
- Add the onion, herbs, garlic and spices to a food processor and pulse to combine. Add 2-3 cups of the soaked chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Pulse together until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Heat oil in a deep frypan to 180C. Form balls using 2 Tbsp of falafel mixture and carefully drop into the hot oil. Fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel, season with a little salt and repeat with remaining falafels mixture.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a medium bowl, drizzle to lightly coat in olive oil and season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Heat the pita bread in the oven, microwave or in a pan over the stove top. To serve, cut the pita breads in half and fill the centre of the pita pocket (or use as a wrap) with garlic sauce, falafels, salad and sriracha if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...