Fish Finger SandwichBen O'Donoghue
- 2 rounds Freshly baked Laucke wholemeal flour loaf sliced thick
- 6 fish fingers oven-baked
- Soft salted butter or margarine
- 1 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup or 100gm kewpie mayo
- 1tbsp finely chopped caper
- 1tbsp finely chopped dill pickles
- 1tbsp finely chopped white onion
- 1tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1tspn Worcestershire sauce
- Cook your fish fingers either in the oven or pan-fry, however you prefer. Oven is easiest
- To make your tartare, combine the chopped capers, pickles, onion and dill in a bowl and add the Worcestershire sauce and mix well
- Butter you bread generously, then add a generous dollop of tartare sauce. Top the tartare sauce with an even amount of shredded iceberg lettuce. Finally, three fish fingers on each sando. Then slap the top slice of fresh bread down on top.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...