French Toast with StrawberriesJoel Feren
- 4x slices of bread (wholemeal or wholegrain)
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- Extra butter for cooking
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2x scoops Ensure vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Lightly spread the butter on both sides of the bread and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg, milk, Ensure, vanilla extract and spices.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, flipping to coat each side evenly.
- Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over a low-medium heat. Place the bread into the frying pan (do not overcrowd the pan). Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Repeat until all the bread is cooked.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and top with strawberries to serve.
Ingredients: 150g raisins 100ml grappa 400g plain flour 10g yeast 115g sugar 2 eggs 150ml milk 30g toasted pine nuts Zest 1 orange Zest 1 lemon 50g chopped candied fruit Canola oil, for frying Method: Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes,...
Ingredients: 600g assorted stone fruit* Extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon 1 vanilla bean 300g thick Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp floral honey 50g salted macadamia, coarsely chopped Method: Cut and drizzle fruit with olive oil and grill, cut sides down, until juicy and charred,...
Ingredients:Serves 2 4x scoops Ensure chocolate powder 1 cup milk ½ cup cream 1 tbsp. caster sugar 1 tbsp. cornflour 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 egg yolks Shaved dark chocolate and fresh berries to serve Method: Gently heat the milk and cream...
Ingredients: Serves 1 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed berries 3 teaspoons chia seeds 1 cup natural yoghurt 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder 3 tablespoons oats 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1⁄2 kiwifruit, sliced (try keeping the skin on) 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds, roughly...
Ingredients: 175g Oats 3 ripe bananas 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp almond butter 1 punnet of frozen blueberries Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees 2. Puree the bananas together in a mixing bowl, until a thick paste. Fold in the oats, baking powder,...
Ingredients: Serves 6-8 430g cream cheese, room temperature 120g caster sugar 270ml thickened cream (at least 30% fat) 20g plain flour, sifted 3 eggs 1 Tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp vanilla extract Pinch of salt (approx. 1/2-1 tsp) Method: Preheat oven to 220C fan forced/...