Goats Cheese, Grape and Rosemary FocacciaMatt Sinclair
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors
- 500g strong bread flour
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 7gm dried yeast (1 sachet)
- 1/2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Olive oil
- 1 cup assorted seedless grapes, halved
- 150g Goats cheese feta (Meredith dairy)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- Sea Salt
- Cracked pepper
- Place the flour and a decent pinch of sea salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. In a jug, add the water, yeast and sugar and mix together. Set aside for a few minutes until it starts to foam.
- Slowly pour the water into the well of the flour and bring in the sides with a fork to combine. When the flour and liquid have combined, begin to knead either in the bowl or on a lightly floured bench for about 5 minutes until the dough has become soft and springy.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with oil. Form the dough into a smooth ball, place into the bowl, dust with a bit of extra flour, cover with a towel or cling film and place in a warm place for about 30 minutes, or until it has doubled in mass.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Once the dough is ready, pound out some of the air and transfer to a lightly greased baking tray. Push the dough out evenly to meet the sides of the tray. Dot your fingers all over the dough to make little craters and wells. Scatter over the grapes evenly, followed by the red onion. Dollop the goat’s cheese evenly and sprinkle over the rosemary. Drizzle over a little olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and cracked pepper over the toppings. Set aside to rise again for about 20 minutes.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden on top. Transfer to a wire rack – serve warm or cold.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...