Goats Cheese, Grape and Rosemary FocacciaMatt Sinclair
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors
- 500g strong bread flour
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 7gm dried yeast (1 sachet)
- 1/2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Olive oil
- 1 cup assorted seedless grapes, halved
- 150g Goats cheese feta (Meredith dairy)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- Sea Salt
- Cracked pepper
- Place the flour and a decent pinch of sea salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. In a jug, add the water, yeast and sugar and mix together. Set aside for a few minutes until it starts to foam.
- Slowly pour the water into the well of the flour and bring in the sides with a fork to combine. When the flour and liquid have combined, begin to knead either in the bowl or on a lightly floured bench for about 5 minutes until the dough has become soft and springy.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with oil. Form the dough into a smooth ball, place into the bowl, dust with a bit of extra flour, cover with a towel or cling film and place in a warm place for about 30 minutes, or until it has doubled in mass.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Once the dough is ready, pound out some of the air and transfer to a lightly greased baking tray. Push the dough out evenly to meet the sides of the tray. Dot your fingers all over the dough to make little craters and wells. Scatter over the grapes evenly, followed by the red onion. Dollop the goat’s cheese evenly and sprinkle over the rosemary. Drizzle over a little olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and cracked pepper over the toppings. Set aside to rise again for about 20 minutes.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden on top. Transfer to a wire rack – serve warm or cold.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...