Goats Cheese, Grape and Rosemary FocacciaMatt Sinclair
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors
- 500g strong bread flour
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 7gm dried yeast (1 sachet)
- 1/2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Olive oil
- 1 cup assorted seedless grapes, halved
- 150g Goats cheese feta (Meredith dairy)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- Sea Salt
- Cracked pepper
- Place the flour and a decent pinch of sea salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. In a jug, add the water, yeast and sugar and mix together. Set aside for a few minutes until it starts to foam.
- Slowly pour the water into the well of the flour and bring in the sides with a fork to combine. When the flour and liquid have combined, begin to knead either in the bowl or on a lightly floured bench for about 5 minutes until the dough has become soft and springy.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with oil. Form the dough into a smooth ball, place into the bowl, dust with a bit of extra flour, cover with a towel or cling film and place in a warm place for about 30 minutes, or until it has doubled in mass.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Once the dough is ready, pound out some of the air and transfer to a lightly greased baking tray. Push the dough out evenly to meet the sides of the tray. Dot your fingers all over the dough to make little craters and wells. Scatter over the grapes evenly, followed by the red onion. Dollop the goat’s cheese evenly and sprinkle over the rosemary. Drizzle over a little olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and cracked pepper over the toppings. Set aside to rise again for about 20 minutes.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden on top. Transfer to a wire rack – serve warm or cold.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...