Goats Cheese, Grape and Rosemary FocacciaMatt Sinclair
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors
- 500g strong bread flour
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 7gm dried yeast (1 sachet)
- 1/2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Olive oil
- 1 cup assorted seedless grapes, halved
- 150g Goats cheese feta (Meredith dairy)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- Sea Salt
- Cracked pepper
- Place the flour and a decent pinch of sea salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. In a jug, add the water, yeast and sugar and mix together. Set aside for a few minutes until it starts to foam.
- Slowly pour the water into the well of the flour and bring in the sides with a fork to combine. When the flour and liquid have combined, begin to knead either in the bowl or on a lightly floured bench for about 5 minutes until the dough has become soft and springy.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with oil. Form the dough into a smooth ball, place into the bowl, dust with a bit of extra flour, cover with a towel or cling film and place in a warm place for about 30 minutes, or until it has doubled in mass.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Once the dough is ready, pound out some of the air and transfer to a lightly greased baking tray. Push the dough out evenly to meet the sides of the tray. Dot your fingers all over the dough to make little craters and wells. Scatter over the grapes evenly, followed by the red onion. Dollop the goat’s cheese evenly and sprinkle over the rosemary. Drizzle over a little olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and cracked pepper over the toppings. Set aside to rise again for about 20 minutes.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden on top. Transfer to a wire rack – serve warm or cold.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...