Grilled Vegetables With Sumac and Lentil SaladMatt Sinclair
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp sumac
- 2 Eggplants, sliced 1cm lengthways
- 2 Zucchinis, halved lengthways
- 300gm baby carrots, peeled
- 200gm watercress
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 250gm brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup currants
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 100gm tahini paste
- 2 Tbsp lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100ml coldWater
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and sumac. Evenly coat the vegetables in the sumac oil. Heat a griddle pan or BBQ on high. Once hot, chargrill the vegetables for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until charred and tender. Remove to the side to cool slightly and season with salt to taste.
- Combine the herbs, chilli, garlic, tahini paste, lemon juice and honey in a food processor and blitz to combine. Slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is on, adding a little water if needed. Season to taste once it has reached the consistency similar to yoghurt.
- To assemble, you can keep the vegetables whole or break/cut them into smaller pieces. Lay out onto a platter with the watercress and fold together gently to combine. Dollop/drizzle some of the dressing across the vegetables, sprinkle over the lentils and scatter the currants and pepitas over the top. Serve the extra dressing on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc Semillon.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...