Grilled Vegetables With Sumac and Lentil SaladMatt Sinclair
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp sumac
- 2 Eggplants, sliced 1cm lengthways
- 2 Zucchinis, halved lengthways
- 300gm baby carrots, peeled
- 200gm watercress
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 250gm brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup currants
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 100gm tahini paste
- 2 Tbsp lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100ml coldWater
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and sumac. Evenly coat the vegetables in the sumac oil. Heat a griddle pan or BBQ on high. Once hot, chargrill the vegetables for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until charred and tender. Remove to the side to cool slightly and season with salt to taste.
- Combine the herbs, chilli, garlic, tahini paste, lemon juice and honey in a food processor and blitz to combine. Slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is on, adding a little water if needed. Season to taste once it has reached the consistency similar to yoghurt.
- To assemble, you can keep the vegetables whole or break/cut them into smaller pieces. Lay out onto a platter with the watercress and fold together gently to combine. Dollop/drizzle some of the dressing across the vegetables, sprinkle over the lentils and scatter the currants and pepitas over the top. Serve the extra dressing on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc Semillon.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...