Grilled Vegetables With Sumac and Lentil SaladMatt Sinclair
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp sumac
- 2 Eggplants, sliced 1cm lengthways
- 2 Zucchinis, halved lengthways
- 300gm baby carrots, peeled
- 200gm watercress
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 250gm brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup currants
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 100gm tahini paste
- 2 Tbsp lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100ml coldWater
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and sumac. Evenly coat the vegetables in the sumac oil. Heat a griddle pan or BBQ on high. Once hot, chargrill the vegetables for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until charred and tender. Remove to the side to cool slightly and season with salt to taste.
- Combine the herbs, chilli, garlic, tahini paste, lemon juice and honey in a food processor and blitz to combine. Slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is on, adding a little water if needed. Season to taste once it has reached the consistency similar to yoghurt.
- To assemble, you can keep the vegetables whole or break/cut them into smaller pieces. Lay out onto a platter with the watercress and fold together gently to combine. Dollop/drizzle some of the dressing across the vegetables, sprinkle over the lentils and scatter the currants and pepitas over the top. Serve the extra dressing on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc Semillon.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...