Grilled Vegetables With Sumac and Lentil SaladMatt Sinclair
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp sumac
- 2 Eggplants, sliced 1cm lengthways
- 2 Zucchinis, halved lengthways
- 300gm baby carrots, peeled
- 200gm watercress
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 250gm brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup currants
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 100gm tahini paste
- 2 Tbsp lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100ml coldWater
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and sumac. Evenly coat the vegetables in the sumac oil. Heat a griddle pan or BBQ on high. Once hot, chargrill the vegetables for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until charred and tender. Remove to the side to cool slightly and season with salt to taste.
- Combine the herbs, chilli, garlic, tahini paste, lemon juice and honey in a food processor and blitz to combine. Slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is on, adding a little water if needed. Season to taste once it has reached the consistency similar to yoghurt.
- To assemble, you can keep the vegetables whole or break/cut them into smaller pieces. Lay out onto a platter with the watercress and fold together gently to combine. Dollop/drizzle some of the dressing across the vegetables, sprinkle over the lentils and scatter the currants and pepitas over the top. Serve the extra dressing on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc Semillon.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...