Grilled Vegetables With Sumac and Lentil SaladMatt Sinclair
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp sumac
- 2 Eggplants, sliced 1cm lengthways
- 2 Zucchinis, halved lengthways
- 300gm baby carrots, peeled
- 200gm watercress
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 250gm brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup currants
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 100gm tahini paste
- 2 Tbsp lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100ml coldWater
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and sumac. Evenly coat the vegetables in the sumac oil. Heat a griddle pan or BBQ on high. Once hot, chargrill the vegetables for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until charred and tender. Remove to the side to cool slightly and season with salt to taste.
- Combine the herbs, chilli, garlic, tahini paste, lemon juice and honey in a food processor and blitz to combine. Slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is on, adding a little water if needed. Season to taste once it has reached the consistency similar to yoghurt.
- To assemble, you can keep the vegetables whole or break/cut them into smaller pieces. Lay out onto a platter with the watercress and fold together gently to combine. Dollop/drizzle some of the dressing across the vegetables, sprinkle over the lentils and scatter the currants and pepitas over the top. Serve the extra dressing on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc Semillon.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...