Homemade RicottaMatt Sinclair
- 2 Litres Full cream milk
- 1/2 – 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp fresh Lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 tsp of lemon zest, optional addition
- Line a colander with lightly dampened cheesecloth or chux, ensuring there is enough excess to tie up and hang later.
- Heat the milk in a heavy-based pan over a low-medium heat. Add the salt and stir occasionally making sure that the milk does not burn. Heat the milk to 85C using a thermometer. The heating should take approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice or vinegar and slowly mix through for a couple of minutes. The curds will begin to separate from the whey. Cover the pot with a lid and allow to stand for at least 15 minutes. Strain or spoon out the ricotta into the prepared clothed colander. Tie up the material to encase the curds and hang over a bowl to strain.
- Hang ricotta for 5 minutes for creamy and smooth consistency or leave for up to 20-30 minutes for dryer cheese. Cover and refrigerate.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...