King Prawn Nasi GorengMatt Sinclair
- 12 King Prawns, peeled and deveined, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked Basmati rice, chilled
- 1 cup wombok, shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 Brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger, sliced
- 2 long red chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup roasted granulated peanuts
- 2 eggs, fried
- ½ cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Kecup Manis
- In a food processor add all Nasi paste ingredients and blitz on high into a paste. Place into an airtight container and refrigerate. Leave ideally overnight.
- In a wok over high heat, add 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil and nasi paste and fry until the oil splits away from the paste and darkens in colour, approximately 5 minutes. Add rice to wok and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Return wok to a high heat and add remaining 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil. Once oil is smoking, add prawns and toss to seal for approximately 15 seconds. Add wombok and carrot and toss to combine. Add soy sauce and stir-fry until vegetables soften slightly, approximately 1 minute. Add rice back to wok and mix through to combine. Season to taste.
- Lay out onto a large platter and garnish with fried eggs, coriander leaves, sliced cucumber and drizzle of kecup manis. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Viognier.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...