King Prawn Nasi GorengMatt Sinclair
- 12 King Prawns, peeled and deveined, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked Basmati rice, chilled
- 1 cup wombok, shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 Brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger, sliced
- 2 long red chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup roasted granulated peanuts
- 2 eggs, fried
- ½ cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Kecup Manis
- In a food processor add all Nasi paste ingredients and blitz on high into a paste. Place into an airtight container and refrigerate. Leave ideally overnight.
- In a wok over high heat, add 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil and nasi paste and fry until the oil splits away from the paste and darkens in colour, approximately 5 minutes. Add rice to wok and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Return wok to a high heat and add remaining 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil. Once oil is smoking, add prawns and toss to seal for approximately 15 seconds. Add wombok and carrot and toss to combine. Add soy sauce and stir-fry until vegetables soften slightly, approximately 1 minute. Add rice back to wok and mix through to combine. Season to taste.
- Lay out onto a large platter and garnish with fried eggs, coriander leaves, sliced cucumber and drizzle of kecup manis. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Viognier.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...