King Prawn Nasi GorengMatt Sinclair
- 12 King Prawns, peeled and deveined, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked Basmati rice, chilled
- 1 cup wombok, shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 Brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger, sliced
- 2 long red chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup roasted granulated peanuts
- 2 eggs, fried
- ½ cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Kecup Manis
- In a food processor add all Nasi paste ingredients and blitz on high into a paste. Place into an airtight container and refrigerate. Leave ideally overnight.
- In a wok over high heat, add 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil and nasi paste and fry until the oil splits away from the paste and darkens in colour, approximately 5 minutes. Add rice to wok and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Return wok to a high heat and add remaining 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil. Once oil is smoking, add prawns and toss to seal for approximately 15 seconds. Add wombok and carrot and toss to combine. Add soy sauce and stir-fry until vegetables soften slightly, approximately 1 minute. Add rice back to wok and mix through to combine. Season to taste.
- Lay out onto a large platter and garnish with fried eggs, coriander leaves, sliced cucumber and drizzle of kecup manis. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Viognier.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...