Lamb Neck SoupMatt Sinclair
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 800g lamb neck, cut into 4 chunks (ask the butcher)
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1.5 Litres salt reduced chicken stock
- 100gm green beans, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 150g broad beans
- ½ bunch chives
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan or casserole pot over a medium-high heat. Season the lamb with salt on each side. Once the oil is shimmering, add the lamb and brown for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add in the onion and carrot and cook, stirring often for approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes – avoid burning the garlic. Return the meat to the pan along with the bay leaves and cover with stock. Bring to a light boil before reducing the heat to low. Cover and allow to simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, blanch the greens in a pot of salted water for about 1-2 minutes and transfer to an ice bath. Shell the broad beans and set the greens aside.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper, adding the beans just before serving to warm them through. Divide the meat and stew into serving bowls and garnish with chopped chives.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Merlot.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...