Lamb Neck SoupMatt Sinclair
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 800g lamb neck, cut into 4 chunks (ask the butcher)
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1.5 Litres salt reduced chicken stock
- 100gm green beans, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 150g broad beans
- ½ bunch chives
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan or casserole pot over a medium-high heat. Season the lamb with salt on each side. Once the oil is shimmering, add the lamb and brown for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add in the onion and carrot and cook, stirring often for approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes – avoid burning the garlic. Return the meat to the pan along with the bay leaves and cover with stock. Bring to a light boil before reducing the heat to low. Cover and allow to simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, blanch the greens in a pot of salted water for about 1-2 minutes and transfer to an ice bath. Shell the broad beans and set the greens aside.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper, adding the beans just before serving to warm them through. Divide the meat and stew into serving bowls and garnish with chopped chives.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Merlot.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...