Lamb Neck SoupMatt Sinclair
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 800g lamb neck, cut into 4 chunks (ask the butcher)
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1.5 Litres salt reduced chicken stock
- 100gm green beans, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 150g broad beans
- ½ bunch chives
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan or casserole pot over a medium-high heat. Season the lamb with salt on each side. Once the oil is shimmering, add the lamb and brown for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add in the onion and carrot and cook, stirring often for approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes – avoid burning the garlic. Return the meat to the pan along with the bay leaves and cover with stock. Bring to a light boil before reducing the heat to low. Cover and allow to simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, blanch the greens in a pot of salted water for about 1-2 minutes and transfer to an ice bath. Shell the broad beans and set the greens aside.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper, adding the beans just before serving to warm them through. Divide the meat and stew into serving bowls and garnish with chopped chives.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Merlot.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...