Lamb Neck SoupMatt Sinclair
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 800g lamb neck, cut into 4 chunks (ask the butcher)
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1.5 Litres salt reduced chicken stock
- 100gm green beans, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 150g broad beans
- ½ bunch chives
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan or casserole pot over a medium-high heat. Season the lamb with salt on each side. Once the oil is shimmering, add the lamb and brown for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add in the onion and carrot and cook, stirring often for approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes – avoid burning the garlic. Return the meat to the pan along with the bay leaves and cover with stock. Bring to a light boil before reducing the heat to low. Cover and allow to simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, blanch the greens in a pot of salted water for about 1-2 minutes and transfer to an ice bath. Shell the broad beans and set the greens aside.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper, adding the beans just before serving to warm them through. Divide the meat and stew into serving bowls and garnish with chopped chives.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Merlot.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...