- 2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup shao-hsing wine
- 3L water
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 8 cloves garlic
- 6 spring onions, 5cm batons
- 8 star anise
- 8 coriander seeds
- 4 cinnamon quills
- 4 cloves
- 2 pork trotters
- Place an even layer of sugar in a large heavy based saucepan (8L Capacity). Put the stock pot on a medium heat to begin caramelising. Once sugar has reached a dark amber caramel, turn off the heat and very carefully introduce soy, shao-shing and water.
- Return to a high heat and add all other ingredients. Simmer uncovered for 3 hours to cook pork trotters.
- Including the trotters to the first stock will introduce a great gelatinous body to the stock, if looked after and stored correctly the stock can last for years.
- Strain stock into a large sterilized jar for refrigeration or into takeaway containers to freeze.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...