- 2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup shao-hsing wine
- 3L water
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 8 cloves garlic
- 6 spring onions, 5cm batons
- 8 star anise
- 8 coriander seeds
- 4 cinnamon quills
- 4 cloves
- 2 pork trotters
- Place an even layer of sugar in a large heavy based saucepan (8L Capacity). Put the stock pot on a medium heat to begin caramelising. Once sugar has reached a dark amber caramel, turn off the heat and very carefully introduce soy, shao-shing and water.
- Return to a high heat and add all other ingredients. Simmer uncovered for 3 hours to cook pork trotters.
- Including the trotters to the first stock will introduce a great gelatinous body to the stock, if looked after and stored correctly the stock can last for years.
- Strain stock into a large sterilized jar for refrigeration or into takeaway containers to freeze.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...