- 2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup shao-hsing wine
- 3L water
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 8 cloves garlic
- 6 spring onions, 5cm batons
- 8 star anise
- 8 coriander seeds
- 4 cinnamon quills
- 4 cloves
- 2 pork trotters
- Place an even layer of sugar in a large heavy based saucepan (8L Capacity). Put the stock pot on a medium heat to begin caramelising. Once sugar has reached a dark amber caramel, turn off the heat and very carefully introduce soy, shao-shing and water.
- Return to a high heat and add all other ingredients. Simmer uncovered for 3 hours to cook pork trotters.
- Including the trotters to the first stock will introduce a great gelatinous body to the stock, if looked after and stored correctly the stock can last for years.
- Strain stock into a large sterilized jar for refrigeration or into takeaway containers to freeze.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...