Microwave Carrot Cake with Lime IcingMatt Sinclair
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp salt
Lime Cream Cheese:
- 200g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted
- Zest of 1 lime, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tsp lime juice, plus extra to taste
- 1/3 cup shaved coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 cup coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- In a medium bowl add the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla and whisk together to combine. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to incorporate. More spice can be added if you would like a darker cake with richer flavour.
- Pour into a silicone ring mould, cover with a paper towel and place in the microwave for 6 minutes. (this is based on a microwave wattage of approximately 1000W).
- If the cake requires further cooking, microwave in bursts of 30 seconds until cooked through.
- Carefully remove from the microwave and allow to cool slightly in the silicone mould before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the icing in the meantime by mixing the cream cheese, icing sugar, lime juice and zest in an electric mixer using the paddle attachment. Adjust the tang to taste with extra lime juice if needed.
- Ice the carrot cake and garnish with toasted coconut and extra lime zest.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...