Miso and Honey Garlic King PrawnsMatt Sinclair
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 16 King prawns, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- Combine the cornflour with 3 tsp of water in a medium bowl and whisk until combined and the cornflour has dissolved. Add in the soy sauce, egg white,, sesame oil and prawns and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the miso-honey sauce ingredients together and season to taste, set aside.
- Heat the deep fryer to 180C or oil in a wok until it shimmers. Fry the prawns in batches for about 1 minute before removing onto a paper towel. Repeat with remaining prawns.
- Bring the miso-honey sauce to a simmer in a pan over a medium-high heat. Simmer for a minute or so before adding the prawns in to cook for a further 30 seconds to minute, until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped chives. Serve with steamed rice and greens.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...