Miso and Honey Garlic King PrawnsMatt Sinclair
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 16 King prawns, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- Combine the cornflour with 3 tsp of water in a medium bowl and whisk until combined and the cornflour has dissolved. Add in the soy sauce, egg white,, sesame oil and prawns and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the miso-honey sauce ingredients together and season to taste, set aside.
- Heat the deep fryer to 180C or oil in a wok until it shimmers. Fry the prawns in batches for about 1 minute before removing onto a paper towel. Repeat with remaining prawns.
- Bring the miso-honey sauce to a simmer in a pan over a medium-high heat. Simmer for a minute or so before adding the prawns in to cook for a further 30 seconds to minute, until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped chives. Serve with steamed rice and greens.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...