Miso and Honey Garlic King PrawnsMatt Sinclair
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 16 King prawns, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- Combine the cornflour with 3 tsp of water in a medium bowl and whisk until combined and the cornflour has dissolved. Add in the soy sauce, egg white,, sesame oil and prawns and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the miso-honey sauce ingredients together and season to taste, set aside.
- Heat the deep fryer to 180C or oil in a wok until it shimmers. Fry the prawns in batches for about 1 minute before removing onto a paper towel. Repeat with remaining prawns.
- Bring the miso-honey sauce to a simmer in a pan over a medium-high heat. Simmer for a minute or so before adding the prawns in to cook for a further 30 seconds to minute, until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped chives. Serve with steamed rice and greens.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...