Miso and Honey Garlic King PrawnsMatt Sinclair
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 16 King prawns, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- Combine the cornflour with 3 tsp of water in a medium bowl and whisk until combined and the cornflour has dissolved. Add in the soy sauce, egg white,, sesame oil and prawns and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the miso-honey sauce ingredients together and season to taste, set aside.
- Heat the deep fryer to 180C or oil in a wok until it shimmers. Fry the prawns in batches for about 1 minute before removing onto a paper towel. Repeat with remaining prawns.
- Bring the miso-honey sauce to a simmer in a pan over a medium-high heat. Simmer for a minute or so before adding the prawns in to cook for a further 30 seconds to minute, until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped chives. Serve with steamed rice and greens.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...