Pear & Lemon TartWarren Mendez
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods
- 1 roll butter puff (careme pastry)
- 600g pears, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon marmalade jam
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place pastry on a baking tray lined with baking paper. If you’re joining two smaller square pieces, use a fork to crimp one edge to join and make a rectangle. Lightly score a 3cm border around the edges of each square with a knife, without cutting all the way through. Use a fork to dock the pastry inside of the border.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until sides start to puff up. Combine the pear, sugar, lemon, jam and set aside.
- Remove pastry from the oven and press down the middle so you just have the raised sides.
- Combine flour and almond meal and scatter over base. Spoon over the pear mix.
- Add to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the sides are deep golden and the fruit has broken down.
- Cool slightly then serve with double cream or ice cream.