Pear Streusel CakeMatt Sinclair
- 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g unsalted butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Lightly grease and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper, allowing an inch overhang on each of the longer sides.
- Coat the diced pear pieces with the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on a medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, incorporating well after each addition. Add in the flour, baking powder and a small pinch of salt and mix to combine. Remove from the mixer, scrape down the sides and fold in 2/3 of the diced pear. Pour into the prepared loaf tin and use a spatula to make a flat surface.
- Next, prepare the streusel crumb by adding all the ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Using your fingers, gently rub the butter cubes into the flour mixture until you form chunks of crumble. Add the remaining pear mixture and gently mix. Crumble the streusel evenly over the top of the batter and place in the oven to bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer placed in the centre comes out clean. Leave it to stand for 5 minutes before lifting it out onto a wire rack. Cake can be served warm or cold.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Topaque.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...