Pork Cutlets, Nashi Pear, Kohlrabi SlawMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 400g pork chop, 2 chops
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 1g Rosemary
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 50g Rice Vinegar
- 100ml Filtered Water
- 50g Mustard Seed
- 100ml Malbec Wine
- 500g Kohlrabi, thinly sliced
- 2 Nashi Pears
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ glass of white wine
- 1 Tbsp Grain mustard
- 150ml Thick cream
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, mustard and water in a saucepan and bring to boil to dissolve the sugar, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the malbec wine and add to the mix. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for at least 10 min, before adding the Kohlrabi.
- Grill the pork, basting it as it cooks
- Grill the nashi pears until nicely golden
- Whilst your pork is cooking, sautee of onions, garlic before adding in white wine and reduce by half
- Add your mustard followed by cream then reduce again by half and season to taste
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gruner Veltliner.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...