Pork Cutlets, Nashi Pear, Kohlrabi SlawMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 400g pork chop, 2 chops
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 1g Rosemary
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 50g Rice Vinegar
- 100ml Filtered Water
- 50g Mustard Seed
- 100ml Malbec Wine
- 500g Kohlrabi, thinly sliced
- 2 Nashi Pears
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ glass of white wine
- 1 Tbsp Grain mustard
- 150ml Thick cream
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, mustard and water in a saucepan and bring to boil to dissolve the sugar, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the malbec wine and add to the mix. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for at least 10 min, before adding the Kohlrabi.
- Grill the pork, basting it as it cooks
- Grill the nashi pears until nicely golden
- Whilst your pork is cooking, sautee of onions, garlic before adding in white wine and reduce by half
- Add your mustard followed by cream then reduce again by half and season to taste
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gruner Veltliner.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...