Pork Cutlets, Nashi Pear, Kohlrabi SlawMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 400g pork chop, 2 chops
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 1g Rosemary
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 50g Rice Vinegar
- 100ml Filtered Water
- 50g Mustard Seed
- 100ml Malbec Wine
- 500g Kohlrabi, thinly sliced
- 2 Nashi Pears
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ glass of white wine
- 1 Tbsp Grain mustard
- 150ml Thick cream
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, mustard and water in a saucepan and bring to boil to dissolve the sugar, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the malbec wine and add to the mix. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for at least 10 min, before adding the Kohlrabi.
- Grill the pork, basting it as it cooks
- Grill the nashi pears until nicely golden
- Whilst your pork is cooking, sautee of onions, garlic before adding in white wine and reduce by half
- Add your mustard followed by cream then reduce again by half and season to taste
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gruner Veltliner.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...