Pork Yaki UdonLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations.
- 90g Hakubaku Udon Noodles
- 80g cabbage (cut)
- 1⁄2 capsicum (sliced)
- 1⁄2 onion (sliced)
- 1⁄2 handful bean sprouts (blanched)
- 60g pork belly
- A pinch white pepper
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- Combine sauce ingredients and leave aside.
- Season pork belly with pepper and cook in hot pan with onions until half cooked.
- Add cabbage and bean sprouts and continue to cook until the pork is cooked through. Leave aside.
- Cook udon noodles by following the instructions on the back of the package.
- Drain the noodles, rinse with water to remove excess flour, and drain any excess liquid.
- Heat the pan with small amount of oil and stir fry the udon noodles with half the sauce from step 1.
- When the sauce binds well with the noodles, add the pork vegetable mix and half the sauce, toss until the mixture is heated and mixed well.