Pumpkin GnocchiMatt Sinclair
- 400g cooked butternut pumpkin
- 70g 00 flour
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 yolks
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bunch cavolo Nero, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Sea Salt
- Grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Oil and season half a butternut with sea salt. Place in the oven at 180c for approximately 90mins until soft.
- Once roasted, scoop flesh into a chux cloth and squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. If you have time, tie the cloth up and hang it. You need 400g for this recipe.
- Combine all gnocchi ingredients in a large bowl until it forms a soft dough. Flour the bench and in small sections, roll out the gnocchi to approximately a 2cm snake. Dice into 2 cm pieces. Once all complete, blanch the gnocchi in batches in a pot of boiling water. Gnocchi is cooked once it rises to the surface.
- In the meantime, place a large frypan on high heat with a tbsp of oil.
- Once gnocchi floats to the surface, remove from the boiling water and transfer into the hot frypan to crisp up the outside.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, place a frypan over medium heat with 2 tbsp of oil. Add the onions and garlic and sweat down for approximately 3 minutes. Add cavolo nero and stock, pinch of salt and cover for approximately 15 minutes. Toss through the gnocchi and tomatoes and serve with extra grated parmesan, toasted pine nuts and cracked pepper.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Arneis.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...