Pumpkin GnocchiMatt Sinclair
- 400g cooked butternut pumpkin
- 70g 00 flour
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 yolks
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bunch cavolo Nero, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Sea Salt
- Grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Oil and season half a butternut with sea salt. Place in the oven at 180c for approximately 90mins until soft.
- Once roasted, scoop flesh into a chux cloth and squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. If you have time, tie the cloth up and hang it. You need 400g for this recipe.
- Combine all gnocchi ingredients in a large bowl until it forms a soft dough. Flour the bench and in small sections, roll out the gnocchi to approximately a 2cm snake. Dice into 2 cm pieces. Once all complete, blanch the gnocchi in batches in a pot of boiling water. Gnocchi is cooked once it rises to the surface.
- In the meantime, place a large frypan on high heat with a tbsp of oil.
- Once gnocchi floats to the surface, remove from the boiling water and transfer into the hot frypan to crisp up the outside.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, place a frypan over medium heat with 2 tbsp of oil. Add the onions and garlic and sweat down for approximately 3 minutes. Add cavolo nero and stock, pinch of salt and cover for approximately 15 minutes. Toss through the gnocchi and tomatoes and serve with extra grated parmesan, toasted pine nuts and cracked pepper.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Arneis.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...