Risotto MilaneseMike Reid
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 1 brown onion, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1g saffron threads
- 400g Arborio Rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock
- 50g unsalted butter
- 125g parmesan, finely grated
- Place a heavy based pan over a medium heat and warm the oil. Add the onion and garlic, stirring continuously to avoid colouring, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the saffron threads and stir through for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the rice in the oil and onion mixture, approximately 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and allow to simmer, stirring until alcohol has evaporated and the liquid has been mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Gradually add in the stock, one ladle at a time and allow the rice to absorb the liquid after each addition, stir through often. Repeat this process until all the stock has been used. Cook the rice for a further 5 minutes, or until it reaches a creamy consistency and the rice is cooked through. Add a little more water if further cooking is required.
- Before serving, add the butter and half of the parmesan cheese, stir through to combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Divide amongst 4 plates and garnish with extra parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...