Risotto MilaneseMike Reid
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 1 brown onion, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1g saffron threads
- 400g Arborio Rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock
- 50g unsalted butter
- 125g parmesan, finely grated
- Place a heavy based pan over a medium heat and warm the oil. Add the onion and garlic, stirring continuously to avoid colouring, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the saffron threads and stir through for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the rice in the oil and onion mixture, approximately 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and allow to simmer, stirring until alcohol has evaporated and the liquid has been mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Gradually add in the stock, one ladle at a time and allow the rice to absorb the liquid after each addition, stir through often. Repeat this process until all the stock has been used. Cook the rice for a further 5 minutes, or until it reaches a creamy consistency and the rice is cooked through. Add a little more water if further cooking is required.
- Before serving, add the butter and half of the parmesan cheese, stir through to combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Divide amongst 4 plates and garnish with extra parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...