Risotto MilaneseMike Reid
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 1 brown onion, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1g saffron threads
- 400g Arborio Rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock
- 50g unsalted butter
- 125g parmesan, finely grated
- Place a heavy based pan over a medium heat and warm the oil. Add the onion and garlic, stirring continuously to avoid colouring, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the saffron threads and stir through for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the rice in the oil and onion mixture, approximately 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and allow to simmer, stirring until alcohol has evaporated and the liquid has been mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Gradually add in the stock, one ladle at a time and allow the rice to absorb the liquid after each addition, stir through often. Repeat this process until all the stock has been used. Cook the rice for a further 5 minutes, or until it reaches a creamy consistency and the rice is cooked through. Add a little more water if further cooking is required.
- Before serving, add the butter and half of the parmesan cheese, stir through to combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Divide amongst 4 plates and garnish with extra parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...