Salmon NigiriMatt Sinclair
- 3 cups sushi Rice
- 3 cups water
- 90ml rice wine vinegar
- 35gm caster sugar
- 20gm sea salt
- 4 x 180-200g Salmon fillets, skin off
- 1 red onion
- 2 avocado, thinly sliced
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Sushi soy sauce
- Wash the rice 6 times or until water is clear. Add the rice and water to a rice cooker and start cooking.
- Meanwhile, make the sushi seasoning by adding the rice wine vinegar, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl or large jug and stir until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- When the rice is cooked, turn out into a large bowl, drizzle 105ml of sushi seasoning (35ml per 1 cup of rice) and fold through using a wooden spoon. Taste and adjust with extra seasoning if required. Set aside to cool, mixing every now and then to release the heat.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the salmon on an angle into strips (between ½ and 1cm thickness).
- Once the rice is cooled, using lightly wet hands, take about a Tbsp of rice and press it firmly in your palm to form an oblong shape, using your other fingers to press in the ends to tightly compact the rice together. Lay out onto a platter and repeat with the remaining rice.
- On the top of each portion of rice, put a little wasabi (to taste) and about ½ tsp of Kewpie mayonnaise in the centre and gently lay a slice of salmon over the top, folding the salmon over the sides of the rice if there is excess. Top with a slice of avocado followed by slices of red onion. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sparkling Wine.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...