Sardine and Fennel PastaBen O'Donoghue
- 200g linguini pasta
- 1-2 tins of Safcol sardines
- 1 cup finely diced fennel bulb
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup currents
- ¼ pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel tops
- 100ml white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil to cook your pasta
- In a fry-pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Gently fry the chopped red onion and fennel until soft and sweet, season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped garlic and the pine nuts and current and cook until the nuts are golden and the currents are plump and soft. Then turn of the heat
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente
- Just before the pasta is cooked. Return the fry-pan to the heat and add the sardines and gently fry, add the white wine and half the chopped fennel tops.
- When the pasta is perfectly cooked drain and add to the sardine pan and toss well and season
- Plate the pasta and then sprinkle with the remaining chopped fennel tops.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...