Sardine and Fennel PastaBen O'Donoghue
- 200g linguini pasta
- 1-2 tins of Safcol sardines
- 1 cup finely diced fennel bulb
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup currents
- ¼ pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel tops
- 100ml white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil to cook your pasta
- In a fry-pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Gently fry the chopped red onion and fennel until soft and sweet, season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped garlic and the pine nuts and current and cook until the nuts are golden and the currents are plump and soft. Then turn of the heat
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente
- Just before the pasta is cooked. Return the fry-pan to the heat and add the sardines and gently fry, add the white wine and half the chopped fennel tops.
- When the pasta is perfectly cooked drain and add to the sardine pan and toss well and season
- Plate the pasta and then sprinkle with the remaining chopped fennel tops.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...