Sardine and Fennel PastaBen O'Donoghue
- 200g linguini pasta
- 1-2 tins of Safcol sardines
- 1 cup finely diced fennel bulb
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup currents
- ¼ pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel tops
- 100ml white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil to cook your pasta
- In a fry-pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Gently fry the chopped red onion and fennel until soft and sweet, season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped garlic and the pine nuts and current and cook until the nuts are golden and the currents are plump and soft. Then turn of the heat
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente
- Just before the pasta is cooked. Return the fry-pan to the heat and add the sardines and gently fry, add the white wine and half the chopped fennel tops.
- When the pasta is perfectly cooked drain and add to the sardine pan and toss well and season
- Plate the pasta and then sprinkle with the remaining chopped fennel tops.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...